Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
SAVE Inc. is currently looking to fill a HOUSING SPECIALIST position. This position works closely with other agencies, landlords and our voucher clients. This is a full time position with full benefits. The salary range for an entry level Housing Specialist is $32,000 - $35,000 annually
Following are the job requirements and responsibilities:
A minimum of a Bachelor’s with preference given to those with a Social Work degree or related field.
The Housing Specialist shall implement the policies and procedures of SAVE Inc.’s. Permanent Housing Voucher Program contracts including all aspects of enrolling and maintaining clients on the program. This person will have thorough knowledge of all policiies regarding rent calculations, inspections, lease-ups and the recertification process. They will be responsible for the day to day operational needs, monthly payments, billing, tracking, monitoring and filing systems in order to complete monthly, quarterly and annual reports. They will also be primarily responsible for meeting and greeting the public when they arrive at the SAVE, Inc. TBRA office.
The ability to prioritze tasks and work independently, with excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as proficient computer skills, specifically Word and Excel are required. The candidate must write and speak English.
The responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Coordinate all aspects of the various rental assistance programs funded primarily through our contracts
- Be able to conduct all aspects of rental assistance programs including referrals, inspections, monthly payments, maintenance of client files to meet regulations, and appeals
- Responsible for file maintenance in accordance with the established practice of SAVE Inc. our funding partners
- Perform Housing Quality Standards (HQS) Inspection and re-inspections as needed
- Responsible for monthly, quarterly and/or annual monitoring, billing and tracking of program participants
- Assist Landlords in understanding the enrollment and rental payment process
- Responsible for updating and implementing changes in program requirements and agency policies, procedures and forms as needed
- Attend local organizational, informational and professional meetings as assigned
- Advocate on behalf of clients and educate regarding fair housing options
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with other SAVE, Inc. staff and counterparts in federal, state and city organizations and other community based entities
- Support the operational needs of the agency
- Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999