Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Housing Stabilization & Supportive Services Case Manager
Metropolitan Lutheran Ministry (MLM) seeks a dynamic, client oriented individual to fulfill the case management role of Housing Stabilization & Supportive Housing Case Manager for its permanent supportive housing program, Grace Homes, which provides housing and supportive services to chronically homeless individuals in Kansas City, KS and Kansas City, MO.
Job Title: Housing Stabilization & Supportive Housing Case Manager
Reports to: Permanent Housing Manager
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Salary Range: $35,000-$43,000 DOQ
Benefits: MLM offers a comprehensive benefits package, including employer paid health, dental, life, vision, STD/LTD, 20 days paid vacation, 403B plan with employer match, and paid holidays.
The Housing Stabilization & Supportive Housing Case Manager provides on-site support services to residents of the Metro Lutheran Ministry (MLM) Permanent Housing project, Grace Homes. These services include developing relationships with residents and facilitating a sense of community by assessing and coordinating connections to community resources, and providing intensive case management services. As part of the permanent supportive housing team, the Case Manager will provide general behavioral and personal health counseling, education, life-skills training, coaching, case management, information, referral, crisis prevention and intervention, as needed, to 23 formerly chronically homeless individuals. In addition, the Case Manager will participate in community coalition work for MLM’s supportive housing facilities and agency programs with local Continuum of Care and area behavioral health providers.
Bachelor’s degree preferred in Social Work, related field, or equivalent experience in a related field.
One to three years of personal or work experience with diverse communities including homeless populations and those with behavioral health, substance use disorder, or other disabling condition diagnoses preferred.
Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with persons of diverse backgrounds and persons in crisis. Cultural sensitivity and competency. Ability to work in fast-paced environment. Supreme attention to confidentiality. Must possess computer skills, i.e. calendar, email, etc. Knowledge of Caseworthy HMIS is preferred.
Maintain current driver’s license and insurance (must submit to driving record and criminal background check).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct interviews and ensure eligibility of residents for HUD funded programs.
- Complete paperwork, including the ongoing needs assessment of all residents in a timely manner.
- Provide general behavioral and personal health counseling, education, life-skills training, coaching, case management, information, referral, crisis prevention and intervention, and support to all residents one on one and in group settings.
- Maintain a physical presence at the housing offices which reinforces health, safety, and resident- participation in a quality supportive housing program.
- Ensure that residents maintain a clean, safe home including personal hygiene, house-cleaning, meal preparation, and laundry services, through a process of inspection, encouragement, and life skills training.
- Plan and execute social/recreational activities on a group and individual basis.
- Coordinate community support services, as needed.
- Offer and provide tenant advocacy and landlord mediation.
- Track and document client and program outcomes and provide reports to supervisor.
- Coordinate, monitor, and report on program achievement
- Develop and maintain community partnerships.
- Uphold confidentially and enter appropriate data into appropriate databases, including Caseworthy HMIS and MAACLink.
- Represent and promote MLM to the community in a positive and professional manner.
- Attend and provide leadership to community coalitions.
- Ensure compliance with landlord law and federal regulations.
- Ensure contractual compliance with funders (i.e., HUD).
- Collect, deposit, re-evaluate and track rent and deposit payments in conjunction with landlords and MLM staff.
- Assist in coordination of peer advocacy.
- Maintain regular/consistent attendance and punctuality in accordance with MLM’s Employee Handbook and provide adequate notice to supervisor prior to absence or lateness in accordance with MLM’s Employee Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full Time