Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Integrated Care Specialist II
INTEGRATED CARE SPECIALIST II
The Mid-America Regional Council (MARC) is seeking a qualified individual to serve as an Integrated Care Specialist II in our Aging and Adult Services Department. This person will support multiple community-based services that promote health and independence for older adults in the Kansas City region.
MARC, the association of local governments and metropolitan planning organization for the bistate Kansas City region, promotes and supports cooperation on regional issues, including transportation, the environment, our workforce and economy, aging services, community development, quality early learning, public safety communications and emergency services. MARC has a collaborative work environment with a culture based on integrity, innovation, diversity and inclusion, excellence in performance and service leadership.
For many years, MARC has served as the Area Agency on Aging for Cass, Clay, Jackson, Platte, and Ray counties in Missouri, connecting older adults to a wide range of services such as home delivered and congregate meals, transportation, in-home services, and legal aid. More recently, MARC has worked to develop a network of integrated care services, creating more effective methods to deliver community services that keep people healthy, address the social causes of disease and poor health and find solutions that can be offered as a unified package to higher-risk older people.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The Integrated Care Specialist II responds to community requests for information and referral, interacts with contract care managers to advance the health goals of clients, serves as a liaison to community partners, and provides professional assessment of client eligibility and service priority. This position also requires taking on a lead coordination role for at least one major service line and/or project. This is a full-time, professional position.
What you’ll do
- Understand emerging technology, including developing an aptitude for learning new devices and coordination and management systems.
- Deliver support, information, advice, feedback or assistance to management, program staff or colleagues to refine work outputs or resolve problems.
- Make recommendations on meeting emerging needs of older adults in the community and assist in implementing improvements.
- Serve as an embedded liaison to community services and resources that address social determinants of health among key MARC partners.
- Establish and maintain ongoing client relationships with discharge planners, physician staff and physicians, hospitals, nursing homes, residential centers, payers, and other sources as requested by management.
- Respond quickly and efficiently to individuals contacting the Department of Aging and Adult Services information and referral line, including older adults, family caregivers, individuals with disabilities, and community professionals.
- Conduct professional assessments of clients, including in-home assessments for Older Americans Act services as well as annual Medicaid Re-Assessments for the State of Missouri.
- Facilitate the introduction of innovative technology to MARC clients, including everyday technology that relates to various MARC service lines, and medical equipment and technology required by health provider partners.
- Identify resources (public, private, governmental and/or for-profit) to accurately refer callers to services, according to individual characteristics and client risk levels.
- Develop initiatives and strategic action plans to meet the needs of individuals in the community.
- Perform other related duties or special projects as requested.
- Once hired, successful completion of the Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) Certification Program, within the time frame outlined by AIRS, may be required.
Skills you’ll need
- Direct practice in social casework and community resources used in the provision of social services for older adults and adults with disabilities.
- Has knowledge about issues and concerns related to older adults and adults with disabilities.
- Experience conducting assessments, identifying risks, and develop solutions to meet the client’s needs.
- The ability to work effectively with clients, family members, and community partners.
- Strong customer service skills.
- A high degree of patience, respect and empathy in all daily interactions.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- The position requires a valid driver’s license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle. Regional travel by automobile in the Kansas City area is expected for this position.
- Must successfully pass a background check, including driver’s license check.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work, psychology, sociology, gerontology, human services, public administration, nursing, or a closely related field.
- Three years of professional experience in the delivery or coordination of social, protective, medical, mental health, or rehabilitative services for aging adults and/or adults with disabilities in a public or private agency, or closely related, client-centered experience.
- Five years of professional experience in the above listed disciplines.
- A master’s degree can be substituted for experience.
- Demonstrable leadership acumen or potential can be substituted for experience.
Starting salary for this position is $50,000. MARC offers an attractive team-oriented work environment along with a competitive fringe benefit package. MARC offers employees the flexibility to work remotely up to two days per work week.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, complete our online application form and attach your cover letter and resume. For more information, visit marc.org/jobs.
MARC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Note for applicants: Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they check all the boxes in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. If you think you have the skills for the job, we encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet every one of the listed qualifications
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999