Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
KanCare Ombudsman Resource VISTA (based in Johnson Co. or Wichita)
The KanCare Ombudsman Volunteer Program will use an AmeriCorps VISTA member to serve as the KanCare Ombudsman Resource VISTA in the northern half of Kansas, based in Wichita or KC Metro area. The goal of the project is to improve the quality of life and access to Medicaid services for Medicaid-eligible Kansans. This project will assist in providing a healthier future for Medicaid members in Kansas through volunteers who provide vital information and access so that members may make informed choices regarding their services. By accessing Medicaid services, individuals reduce their risk for homelessness and costly hospitalizations; they increase employability, stability in the community, and overall health. The project will build capacity of the KanCare Ombudsman’s Office by developing a more sustainable volunteer program, expanding the local resource base to allow Medicaid recipients to access vital resources in their communities that are not only Medicaid-related, and positioning the Office as a viable community resource in order to reach as many impoverished Kansans as possible
Primary Member Duties
- Develop, evaluate, update, and implement resource materials
- Identify and implement effective and efficient educational formats and delivery methods
- Increase community education programming
- Build social media education outlets
- Identify new funding models and resources; assess for appropriateness and potential benefit to KanCare Ombudsman Office functions
- Track details and project timelines related to new funding sources
- Community Organization
- Public Health
- Social Services
- Community Outreach
Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Comfortable with conflict and crisis assistance.
Job Type: Full Time,Temporary
Salary Range: Up to $29,999