Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
KBP Cares Program Advocate
KBP Cares, a public non profit 501(c)(3), was created for KBP Foods employees that has endured a qualifying hardship that enables them from being able to pay their basic living needs.
The Mission of KBP Cares is to provide support, relief, and hope to our KBP family.
KBP Foods has been named one of the 10 Fastest-Growing Restaurant Chains and one of the Top 100 Fastest-Growing Businesses in North America!
Currently, KBP Foods operates 750+ KFC and YUM! Brands restaurants across 25 states throughout the United States.
The primary responsibility of the KBP Cares Advocate is to oversee the daily operations of KBP Cares. This individual provides true advocacy to those in need and acts as a liaison between the applicant and the Allocation Committee. In partnership with the Program Manager, the Advocate will promote KBP Cares and will drive internal and external brand awareness across multiple social media platforms.
- Process grant applications and work directly with employees to fully understand their situation, financial need and details around the hardship
- Obtain required documentation validating the hardship and financial need
- Present the application, key details and supporting documentation to the Allocation Committee for approval
- Ensure timely turnaround of grant requests
- Responsible for the security of company assets
- Guarantees approved funding amounts are distributed to vendors via check payment(s) or online transaction(s)
- Obtain testimonials from grant recipients and write compelling stories to market the program
- Work closely with the Program Manager of KBP Cares to increase employee contribution rates and meet or exceed program goals
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Nonprofit experience is required
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- High degree of emotional intelligence
- Very strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to communicate problems and potential solutions
- Ability to interact and engage with employees of all levels
- Capable of conveying information to people who are not specifically trained in a task
- Proactive, innovative and strong attention to detail
- Strong judgement in stressful situations
- Strong time management skills
- Problem analysis and problem resolution
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999