Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Reference Job Code: NPC-LC-0120
Heart to Heart International (HHI) strengthens communities through improving health access, providing humanitarian development, and administering disaster relief worldwide.
HHI’s Product Distribution program supports hundreds of nonprofits (“partner organizations”) working around the world by providing them with medications, medical supplies, and hygiene items. In 2018, the Product Distribution program distributed over $200 million of product to hundreds of humanitarian partners in 34 countries, including the United States. In addition, the Product Distribution Team provides procurement, inventory management and shipping support to other program areas of HHI. These programs include Disaster Response, Lab Programs, and PowrServ.
- Assist partner organizations with utilization and navigation of the HHI custom order portal
- Create orders for partners in the HHI inventory system
- Communicate with Product Distribution and Warehouse staff regarding inventory levels, timelines, and outbound priorities in order to maximize product placement
- Ensure that all documentation is available and updated according to internal procedures
- Follow-up with partner organizations to confirm delivery of and satisfaction with all shipments
- Follow-up with partner organizations to ensure timely receipt of Impact Reports and narratives
- Create Disaster Response, Lab Programs, and PowrServ orders in HHI’s inventory system
- Monitor inventory levels and initiate reorder process as needed to maintain appropriate stock levels
- Work with Disaster Response, Labs, and PowrServ Teams, Warehouse Team, transportation providers, and recipient site representatives to ensure timely delivery of orders
- Coordinate with Disaster Response, Labs, and PowrServ Teams to source product for new types of kits
- Research pricing and make product purchases as required.
- Ensure the product being purchased meets the technical specs of the kit, program or project
- Ensure that suppliers can deliver goods and services in the agreed quantities, in a timely manner, while observing quality measures
- Carry out market analysis to get the best purchasing deals by comparing prices of goods from different suppliers, analyzing sales patterns and inventory levels of existing stock, and staying up-to-date on market changes that can affect the supply and prices of goods.
- Prepare and process purchase orders in accordance with HHI’s policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with warehouse and finance department to reconcile receipts, invoices and purchase orders
- Review all records of purchased goods, including their costs, deliveries and inventories
Education and Experience Requirements - Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, International Studies, Communications, or related field from four-year college or university; or at least six (6) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Communications - Exhibits good listening and comprehension. Expresses ideas and thoughts clearly both in written form and verbally. Keeps others adequately informed. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Relationship Building – Exhibits excellent relationship building skills and ability to communicate and sell the concept of the pharmaceutical and medical supply redistribution program.
Planning & Organization - Integrates changes smoothly. Plans for additional resources. Prioritizes and plans work activities. Sets goals and objectives. Uses time efficiently. Works in an organized manner.
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving – Utilizes critical thinking and analytical skills with attention to detail working within structured and established procedures. When relevant, recommends process improvements and changes to established procedures. Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Technical - Proficiency in database usage, spreadsheet functions, word processing, and integrated software suites, specifically in MS Excel and MS Word. Knowledge of Crystal Reports is helpful.
Physical and Environmental Requirements - Office environment. Must be available for occasional domestic/international travel.
To Apply: Careers@hearttoheart.org
Reference Job Code: NPC-LC-0120
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999