Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Manager of Family Support Center
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings while providing crisis and strengthening services to individuals and families in need.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the supervision of program staff including accountability of hiring, development of staff, appraising performance, rewarding and discipline, addressing complaints, and resolving problems. Includes being available to coach all team members as needed with monthly supervision of each independently, Develop, lead, and manage a high performing team of service professionals. Ensure all staff and volunteers are trained and certified to provide effective, efficient, high quality service to clients.
- Support and facilitate the day to day operation of all assigned programming at site. This includes the training, managing and support of a large staff of volunteers.
- Supervise staff as they conduct comprehensive interviews with families and individuals requesting services. Insure the needs of families applying services are met using a standardized assessment tool. Determine eligibility for services and/or referrals.
- Oversee all food pantry operations at site insuring that all recipients are treated equal and just.
- Supervise and oversee supportive housing programs within site. Insure all files are complete and programs are in compliance.
- Assemble and maintain accurate hard copy files all services offered within site. Maintain current client information in the appropriate database. Provide monthly program data.
- Work with the Senior Director of Family Support to ensure program outcomes are met.
- Manage diverse streams of funding. Maintain budgets using Excel spreadsheets on a daily basis.
- Manage site and services as a good steward of Catholic Charities resources. Ensure that all administrative processes related to record-keeping, client files, funding and other administrative issues are done to the highest standards.
- Ensure all income, expenses and relevant business measures are reported, monitored and achieving budget. Meet monthly with Senior Director of Family Support to review program budget.
- In consultation with Senior Director of Family Support, advocate for low income families by networking with community partners and becoming active and involved as opportunities become available.
- Conducting one hour of supervision with each direct report on a monthly basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Establish highly effective relationships with clients, community agencies, volunteers, and related Catholic Charities organizations.
- Assess client needs and respond based upon available resources.
- Utilize a Strengths Based Case Management model in working with vulnerable populations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all clients. Ensure accuracy and attention to detail in record keeping.
- Serve as site manager ensuring operations of all assigned aspects of programming.
- Hiring, training/coaching, appraising performance of staff and volunteers.
- A passion for the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas and Emergency Services Services.
- Must be willing to live by the agency's Values, where we are called to show Love, Patience, Kindness, Faithfulness, Self- Control and Joy.
- Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Social Service field, strongly preferred.
- At least three years of supervisory experience.
- Previous emergency services and HMIS experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and respect people from a variety of social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a team setting, including Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas colleagues, contractors and funding sources.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Preference for Bi-lingual Spanish Speaking.
- Must have a valid Missouri or Kansas Driver's License and a verified safe driving record and reliable means of transportation for local travel. Must provide a copy of license and insurance.
- Ability to work comfortably with diverse populations.
PERFORMANCE EVALUATION MEASURES:
- Maintain compliance of funding agreements and grant reporting.
- Maintain program budget spending appropriately.
- Timely and accurate completion of paperwork requirements for contractors, funding sources and other departments of the organization.
- Monitored and appropriate staff productivity and effectiveness.