Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Manager, Social Work - Adult and Families
The Manager, Social Work -- Adult and Families is responsible for fulfilling the JVS mission by providing supervision to program employees and interns, providing direct intensive case management, allocating caseloads, consulting with community service partners, monitoring and reporting on client outcomes, and participating in grant proposals and report writing.
The Social Work Program is focused on holistic, culturally competent social work interventions, based on strengths, empowerment, and ecological perspectives and adherence to the NASW Social Work Code of Ethics. These culturally competent interventions utilize multicultural and language abilities of staff, as well as trained contracted interpreters. Types of interventions, as well as frequency and intensity of services, are driven by the needs of the community and each client. Building and maintaining positive relationship with clients, communities, and agencies is an integral part of the position.
Qualifications – Education and Experience:
Social Work Manager will have a minimum of a Master's degree in Social Work from an accredited educational institute; AND a minimum of three years' experience working in a social service field or related capacity with culturally diverse clients.
- Provide bi-weekly supervision for program staff and weekly supervision for student interns.
- Organize and prepare monthly program meetings for Adult & Families team
- Collaborate with Health and Wellness Director and department managers to prepare for monthly department meetings
- Provide direct intensive individual and family case management services for refugees and immigrants experiencing mental health concerns or domestic violence.
- Manage and maintain client files by completing all assigned documentation including bio-psycho-social intakes and assessments.
- Provide case consultation, as needed, for program staff and community partners.
- Support the cultivation and development of community partnerships through relationship-building, provision of training for partners on best practices with refugees & immigrants; and participation by all members of the team in external coalition and community partner meetings .
- Coordinate JVS on-call social work support (during work hours) for walk in crisis situations
- Conduct, at minimum, bi-monthly file reviews for clients engaged in services.
- Assist with oversight of statistical and outcome measurements
- Participate in program evaluation and best practice research.
- Participate in at least one JVS agency committee
Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and experience with conflict resolution and problem solving interventions.
- Knowledge and experience with multi-cultural social work, especially with culturally competent practice
- Knowledge of social work values and ethics, as delineated in the NASW Code of Ethics
- Knowledge and experience of advanced generalist Social Work practice, thereby enabling practice and oversight of individual, family, group, and community social work interventions
- Knowledge and understanding of local community, state and federal resources, and willingness to continue growing in knowledge of these resources
- Knowledge and understanding of mental health, suicidal ideation, trauma and domestic violence
- Ability to establish and develop relationships with JVS staff/community agencies/community leaders
- Ability to be self-directed and highly flexible in daily work.
- Ability to recognize and respect cultural and ethnic differences
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and willingness to learn/utilize JVS database
Internal: Ongoing contact and team building with organization’s staff. Manager, Social Work - Adult & Families must be able to effectively interact with JVS directors, program managers and workers within various departments of JVS.
External: Manager, Social Work - Adult & Families must be able to represent JVS and the Social Work - Adult & Families Program to clients, community partners/agencies and funders. Manager must be able to develop strong relationships with refugee community and religious leaders.
May require occasional evening or weekend hours to meet needs of the client and organizational activities.
Email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full Time