Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Medical Case Manager
Thrive Health Connection (formerly Good Samaritan Project) is the original AIDS service organization addressing HIV/AIDS in the KC Metro since 1984. The organization recently underwent an exciting transformation, reinvigorating its brand while continuing to provide high-quality free HIV/STI testing and education for the community and case management for our clients. Thrive Health has some of the highest viral suppression rates in the Transitional Grant Area at 93%.
Thrive Health creates a culture of radical hospitality and meaningful inclusion in everything we do.
radical hospitality is the forging of lasting, authentic connections to each other, to our customers, and our community
through meaningful inclusion, we accept our humanity, and relate to others free of pride, power and arrogance
Medical Case Manager will provide client-centered case management/care coordination services for individuals living with HIV/AIDS.
Care Coordination/Case Management
- Provides case management services under the framework of the Missouri Department of Health, Bureau of HIV/AIDS Care and Prevention Services and the Kansas City Health Department HIV Care.
- Conducts a comprehensive bio-psychosocial culturally sensitive assessment with the client and/or family/support network.
- Develops with the client and/or family a mutually agreed upon plan of care to meet the needs of the client as identified in the assessment. The plan must be action-oriented and time-specific
- Arranges and coordinates multiple services for the client and/or family. Provide ongoing monitoring of the activities implemented to carryout the plan of care.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the plan of care in achieving the desired outcomes with clients and/or families, the treatment team and external service providers.
- Maintains current knowledge of medical and psycho-social developments concerning AIDS and related conditions.
- Educates the client and/or family about the medical and psycho-social aspects of HIV/AIDS.
- Attend medical appointments with clients as needed and when requested by clients
- Provides supportive counseling to the client and/or family relative to HIV/AIDS.
- Negotiates and advocates for the development and delivery of needed services with internal and external service providers.
- Assists in developing and planning community, region or statewide client services; participates in monitoring such services to ensure proper service delivery.
- Collaborates as a team member to achieve organizational and department goals.
- Maintains manual and computerized documentation in the client record
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Follow all policies as outlined in Thrive Health Connection’s Personnel Manual
- Adhere to Thrive Health Connection’s Code of Conduct.
- Satisfactorily complete a three- month probation period.
- Maintain manual and computerized statistical information for reports as needed.
- Attend all internal staff meetings and twice-monthly Service Coordination meetings.
- Participate in educational training and seminars when appropriate.
- Participate in fundraising activities.
- Timely, accurate, effective and appropriate communication with supervisor, staff members and other constituents.
- Interest in work and the mission of the agency; commitment to the mission and success of the agency, enthusiasm, cooperation, reaction to direction, suggestions and criticism; loyalty, self confidence; works beyond normal office hours when necessary.
- Effective in working other staff members, volunteers, clients, supporters, peers in other social service agencies and clinics.
- Efficient, effective and economical use of time, energy and resources; ability to make appropriate goals and objectives; accomplishment of goals and objectives, both for self, program and the agency; includes advancement of the mission of the agency, execution of program strategic plan, and program budget.
- Initiative and desire to do the job; industry; motivation; responsibility; self-reliance, ability to develop and carry out new ideas and methods.
- Performance in new situations and/or emergencies; ability to respond effectively to internal and external changes.
- Attendance and punctuality, adherence to schedules and deadlines; ability to work under pressure and crisis.
- BSW/MSW/RN or possess a college degree in a related field with two years case management experience.
- Knowledge of HIV risk behaviors, human sexuality, substance abuse and sexually transmitted diseases
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to function as an individual contributor as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to communicate in an effective and positive way with individuals served as well as other staff members.
- Professional demeanor.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Must be knowledgeable about computers and able to keep electronic records.
- Clinical problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate negotiation, crisis and conflict resolution skills.
- Sensitivity to all areas of diversity, not limited to, HIV status, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status and gender identity.
Please email your cover letter and resume, along with salary expectations, to Bri McClernon, Director of Programs, email@example.com No phone calls, please.
Thrive Health Connection is an equal opportunity employer. Thrive Health’s benefits package includes a monthly benefit allowance; medical, dental and supplemental insurance options; a 403(b) savings plan; Flexible Spending Account (FSA); mileage reimbursement; and a generous paid time-off policy.
Job Type: Full Time