Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Connections to Success (CtS) is seeking a full time, Mentor Coordinator to join our dynamic team. This Kansas City based position provides leadership on all aspects of the mentoring program including recruitment, orientation, screening and selection, retention, and matching volunteer mentors with CtS participants. They will also work collaboratively with the Outreach Coordinator on outreach activities with community partners in developing relationships that foster referrals to CtS for services provided. The Mentor Coordinator will maintain a relationship with mentors, participants and CtS staff to ensure goals are being achieved and to help facilitate a healthy mentor/mentee relationship. The Mentor Coordinator inspires, engages, and supports volunteer mentors and participants at all stages of their transformation without judgment or prescription. The Mentor Coordinator is responsible for cultivating positive external relationships with community partners as a representative of CtS. The Mentor Coordinator works closely with other program staff, volunteers and participants and is responsible for communicating the goals of the program and facilitating meaningful recruiting and mentoring experiences that result in participant and mentor retention. The Mentor Coordinator will work closely with the Outreach Coordinator to ensure that recruitment goals are met according to each grant eligibility requirement.
- Cultivates relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Gives presentations at events, fairs, and other organizations
- Recruit and screens mentors for program
- Provides ongoing support and coaching to mentors by support and networking opportunities and maintaining frequent contact with all mentors
- Develops broad spectrum of promotional outlets
- Pursues opportunities for collaboration and increased community awareness of the program
- Creates and facilitates monthly mentor development group sessions for mentors in mentoring program
- Informs participants of all CtS mentoring programs including 1-on-1 and group mentoring sessions
- Engage, participate, and contributes to assigned activities that further the goals of CtS
- Coordinates with Outreach Coordinator on outreach activities on all necessary components to ensure seamless coordination with community partners to prevent overlap.
- Coordinates with the Training Facilitator on all necessary components for seamless mentor training including scheduling training times, verifying attendance of prospective mentors, coordination of meals, classroom set up and administrative tasks
- Matches mentors and participants and conducts follow-up to ensure mentor/mentee relationship is cohesive and productive for both parties that results in stronger community ties and healthy relationships.
- Assists with training activities both in classroom and at correctional facilities
- Will work with individuals in correctional facilities
- Facilitates community outreach to increase awareness of our program to potential participants/mentors both at CtS offices and correctional facilities partnering with CtS
- Ability to work with a team to enhance experience of all participants effectively and seamlessly
- Ability to use office equipment including, but not limited to computer, telephone, voicemail, photocopier
- Efficient, correct, and timely reporting of critical data for grant purposes in database and paper files
- Completes all required reports and summaries on time and submits to Project Coordinator/Program Director
- Collaborates with Program Team to facilitate Connect Group activities, Professional Women’s/Men’s Group, Career Connect, and other participant engagement activities as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of all participant and volunteer information
- Data Management: Complete Data entry on all engagement, applications and enrollment, and any other applicable data, within 24 hours of event.
- Teamwork: Work to assist CtS team members in filling program needs and mission, as needed. Engage in staff meetings. Use communication skills effectively and professionally.
- Community Engagement: Create and maintain working relationships with community partners and agencies for the purpose of recruiting participants and mentors.
- Attitude toward change: adapts to and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals, groups, and systems.
- Interpersonal and team performance: builds and maintains positive relationships with people on the job. Listens effectively to understand others.
- Respect for differences: recognizes and appreciates differences in style, approach, and background.
- Reports to: Project Coordinator
- Supervises: Volunteer Mentors
- Internal Relationships: All Staff
- External Relationships: Partner Organizations and Community Organizations
Minimum Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but experience may be substituted.
- Interpersonal skills, including an ability to get along with people of diverse backgrounds and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Public speaking experience and skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner.
- Prior experience working with diverse adult populations, community-based organizations, and incarcerated population is preferred.
- Knowledge of motivational strategies, and an empathetic manner working with the underserved re-entrant population.
Position is full-time, 40 hour per week, with some evening and weekend hours as needed. Employee will be eligible for full benefits including health, retirement, and vacation benefits. We invite potential candidates with incarceration/ criminal justice system history apply.
Starting Salary Range: $40,000-$43,000 and is contingent on qualifications/experience
Please send cover letter, resume, by e-mail to:
Connections to Success
ATTN: Mentor Coordinator Position
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999