Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Mobile Resource Bus Specialist
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by overseeing the Mobile Resource Bus operations under the guidance of the Wyandotte County Family Support Center (FSC) Site Manager. EEO.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the day to day operations of Mobile Resource Bus. Create annual calendar for community site visits. Create and distribute promotional community flyers.
- Order food from the HDC warehouse and assure food is loaded into the Mobile Resource Bus in the prescribed way.
- Transcribe Mobile Resource Bus hotline calls and schedule appointments within each county served. Weekly communicate schedule to staff and volunteers.
- Update Mobile Resource Bus Hotline Script bi-annually and submit to IT Department one month prior to new schedule start date. Communicate to IT Department when scheduled community case management appointments are at capacity.
- Create and maintain Sign Up Genius for community partners to also schedule client appointments.
- Engage local community agencies served by Mobile Resource Bus for future site partnerships and client referrals.
- Conduct weekly visits to northern and southern rural communities and assess the needs of individuals and families. Provide appropriate services including food, clothing, diapers, rental /utility assistance, and financial/nutrition education.
- Operate within a fiscal year budget. Provide by deadlines monthly operational reports.
- Provide oversight for program volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy.
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
- Two years’ experience in Social Service related field. Bachelor’s Degree in Social Service related fields strongly preferred.
- Experience with Case Worthy, or another data management system strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and respect people from a variety of social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a team setting, including Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas volunteers, colleagues, contractors, and funding sources.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Preference for Bi-lingual Spanish Speaking.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving.
- Ability to frequently lift and /or move food products weighing up to and over 50 pounds.
- Regularly required to sit for prolonged amounts of time in a travelling mobile bus environment.
- Must have the physical ability to make visits to a variety of environments that may include walking on rough terrain and climbing stairs.
Job Type: Full Time