Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Parish and Community Outreach Coordinator
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by assisting in the implementation of an effective outreach program with a focus on parishes and schools within the 21 counties of the Archdiocese. Ensure the coordination of parish, school and community partner support of the Mission of Catholic Charities. EEO.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of the Director of Community Engagement, develop and execute an overarching strategic plan for collaboration between Catholic Charities, parishes and schools within the Archdiocese in both education and service opportunities within and outside the KC metro.
- Work with Catholic Charities staff to respond to requests to attend parish/school events to strengthen our presence in the community.
- Coordinate with Volunteer staff and other programming staff to help meet the volunteer needs of Catholic Charities.
- Coordinate with Development staff and other programming staff to help facilitate the material and gift-in-kind needs of Catholic Charities.
- Promote the mission of Catholic Charities in parishes, schools and in the community.
- Host events, prepare presentations and provide assistance at events that may occur outside regular working hours.
- Assist the Director of Community Engagement in responding to requests for presentations, speakers and programming in parishes.
- In collaboration with Outreach staff create educational and service opportunities for schools, volunteers and parishes.
- Facilitate and/or assist with Parish/School Serve Days
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy.
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
- Flexibility with work schedule to attend after-hour events and/or weekend events
- Two-four years’ experience working in a Catholic parish, Catholic School or other Catholic organization is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Education or related field is strongly preferred
- Experience with developing and teaching catechetical lessons is strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and respect people from a variety of social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a team setting, including Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas volunteers, colleagues, contractors, and funding sources.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Competency with Excel, Google Sheets and PowerPoint is strongly preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
Job Type: Full Time