Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Part-time Family Room Coordinator - Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City (RMHC-KC) has a Part-time Family Room Coordinator position available. If you are a person who loves being part of a committed team and enjoys interaction with a diverse group of people, we would like to hear from you!
The Part-time Family Room Coordinator oversees the operations and activities of the RMHC-KC Family Room, located within Children’s Mercy Hospital, to ensure and facilitate the smooth and caring delivery of services to guest families. Evening and weekend availability is required.
Submit a cover letter AND resume to:
(Submissions without these items may not be considered)
A Day in the Life of a Family Room Coordinator:
- Greets and registers families checking in and out, ensuring they are comfortable with their room assignment and understand RMHC-KC’s guest guidelines and policies.
- Assists families during their stay by answering questions, providing information, and resolving problems.
- Ensures that rooms are clean and ready for newly arriving families.
- Answers and responds to telephone and email inquiries; provides information to visitors and families.
- Supervises and assists volunteer groups with providing family meals, as needed
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years relevant work experience and/or training in Social Service or Hospitality environments in which customer service and satisfaction are priorities
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications and Google email
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Interest in working with families and children
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a strong desire to work with people
- Ability to pay close attention to details with the capability to oversee multiple areas simultaneously, within a fast-paced environment
- Able to handle difficult situations with discretion, confidence and compassion
- As an employee providing direct services to the public, must be in good health and free of tuberculosis. Other vaccinations are required of staff working within Children’s Mercy Hospital
- Must stay current with Children's Mercy Hospital’s non-employee mandatory trainings and curriculum
- Spanish-speakers strongly encouraged to apply
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Social Services, or Hospitality Services
- Five (5) years relevant work experience in a social service or hospitality-related environment
- Prior work experience in a 24/7 residential facility
Part-time schedule, less than 30 hours per week. Evening and weekend work is required as job duties demand.
Who We Are:
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) has helped millions of families with sick children find comfort and support when they need it most. Our programs, tailored to meet the urgent needs of each community, can now be found in more than 64 countries and regions across the globe.
Since 1974, RMHC has created programs that strengthen families during difficult times. RMHC provides vital resources and compassionate care to children and their families being served by leading hospitals worldwide. Core RMHC programs — Ronald McDonald Houses, Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, and Ronald McDonald Care Mobiles — provide access to health care and enable family-centered care.
The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City (RMHC-KC) is to reduce the burden of childhood illness on children and their families. We do this by keeping families close to their sick children when they are receiving medical care at Kansas City-area hospitals. On any given night, RMHC-KC serves 87 families. Last year, we provided lodging to 7,685 families and supported more than 60,000 visits from inpatients and their families at our Ronald McDonald Family Room within Children's Mercy. By providing a comfortable place to stay, warm meals and other supportive services, RMHC-KC works to keep families together during a difficult time. Families staying at RMHC-KC will experience a safe, peaceful environment so they can focus on what's most important: their child's health.
For over 38 years, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City has helped alleviate the worry and expense of finding a close, comfortable and affordable place for families to stay while their child receives the medical care they need. That can make a world of difference to a child bravely battling an illness or recovering from a serious injury.
Reasons to Join Our Team:
- We Put Families First – All things begin with our families so we are committed to treating our guests better than they expect by being courteous and kind. We are all ambassadors and smile a lot.
- We Give Our Best – We value positive and professional attitudes. We believe personal energy and drive help overcome organizational challenges and take advantage of improvement opportunities in resourceful and accountable ways.
- We Are Compassionate - We act in a caring and inclusive way towards all guests, volunteers and co-workers, regardless of relationships to them and without regard to any individual differences.
- We Collaborate – We support one another in the delivery of our mission. Team is important and we are committed to helping each other provide the best for our guests. Communication is highly valued.
- We Celebrate – We cheer each other on and encourage the success of others. We focus on appreciating and recognizing wins.
RMHC-KC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees, and applicants for employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, or any other status protected by law.
Job Type: Part Time