Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
We are Hiring:
Founded in 1969 by the Daughters of Charity and the Ladies of Charity of Metropolitan Kansas City, Seton Center, a Community Health Ministry of Ascension Health, is dedicated to serving neighbors in need in Kansas City’s urban core.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, Seton Center has evolved into a comprehensive community and neighborhood center providing a food pantry, rent and utility assistance, thrift store, and one of Kansas City’s largest safety net dental clinics.
Seton Center is funded through foundation grants, donations from individuals, corporations, civic groups and faith communities, and fees for dental services.
Seton Center helps break cycles of poverty through our dental, social and educational programs that address current community needs. If you are passionate about social justice and health equity, are innovative and entrepreneurial, come join our team!
What you will do:
In accordance with sound principles of management, the Program Director will oversee the day to day programs and services, including the food pantry, rental/utility assistance, Happy Bottoms, and AccessKC vouchers, in support of the strategic goals and objectives as set forth by Ascension Health and the Board of Trustees. Reporting to the Chief Program Officer, this position will be a strong leader and will provide supervision to the Food Pantry Coordinator and two Program Coordinators.
This job description should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It is intended to identify the essential functions and requirements of the position. Other job related responsibilities and tasks may be assigned. Reasonable accommodation may be made so that all individuals are able to perform the essential job functions.
- Key point of contact for all community partners
- Responsible for all data collection and reporting, including SDoH, in a timely manner
- Charity Tracker SME
- Manage department budget
- Meeting the department objectives for each of the services offered to clients (currently food pantry, emergency rental and utility assistance, happy bottoms, AccessKC, and all case management)
- Ensure compliance to funders, government entities, and all rules/regulations related to services offered
- Partner with Development Director to explore funding opportunities
- Collaborate with Volunteer Coordinator and Director of Mission Experience to meet the department objectives as set forth by strategic plan
- With a commitment to continuous improvement, this role will ensure the highest level of program excellence and service delivery to our neighbors
- Represent Seton Center in a positive manner during all internal and external interactions
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field required; Master Degree of Social Work, Public Health, MBA, or other applicable degrees preferred
- 7+ years of relevant work experience; experience leading a team preferred
- Commitment to Seton’s mission statement and values
- Competency in a variety of computer applications; knowledge of Charity Tracker, Google Suite, SurveyMonkey, Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate and encourage others
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse groups of people
Work Location: Seton Center is open Monday through Friday and work will take place on site at Seton
Center, 2816 E 23rd Street, Kansas City, MO 64127.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999