Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Program Specialist, Asset Development
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings while providing intensive case management services and financial education to individuals and families in need through the Kansas Loan Pool Project (KLPP), Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA), and other financial strengthening programs. Provide direct service including: needs assessment, intensive case management services, financial coaching, monitoring appropriate action plans, and information and referrals to internal programs and community resources.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support and facilitate the day-to-day operation of financial education and programming for assigned sites: Ensure Financial Education Classes are offered on a regular basis
- Participate in a highly collaborative partnership, in which choices are identified as well as consequences and self-sufficiency plans are developed and monitored on a frequent basis. Home visiting may be required.
- Track and input data for service recipients and prepare monthly reports using Monthly Report form
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge base of Catholic Charities programming.
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge base of community resources.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other self-sufficiency programming such as education, employment support and health care.
- Identify and maintain a working knowledge of critical issues and trends in family self-sufficiency and economic security issues for low-income individuals.
- Coach through a Strengths Based Case Management model in working with vulnerable populations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all clients. Ensure accuracy and attention to detail in record keeping
- Advocate through networking and participating in community meetings as available
- Other duties as assigned.
Kansas Loan Pool Project (KLPP) strengthening program to help individuals break the cycle of predatory lending
- Complete all assessments and develop a stabilization plan for all families
- Assist clients in identifying and monitoring measurable and achievable goals with appropriate action steps
- Assist in KLPP application process and support banking relationship throughout enrollment
- Monitor progress of families enrolled in the program through regularly scheduled visits
- Conduct monthly case management meetings which include: budget coaching, budget update, credit coaching, etc.
- Maintain case file for each client with appropriate documentation per guidelines and enter all necessary information into data system
- Provide assistance as needed through available internal and external referral
- Coordinate the Fundamental Financial Series implementation at each site to ensure participant compliance
- Participate in monthly staffing of cases to offer support and insight for additional resources
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) free tax preparation for low/moderate income individuals and families
- Work with Special Programs Coordinator to support all VITA services at designated sites, working with site managers to best serve the client population
- Attend VITA trainings and pass all VITA required testing (at the advanced level)
- Work with volunteers to implement VITA program. Including recruitment training, scheduling, and supervising
- Ensure all aspects of VITA program is being executed in compliance with IRS regulations
- Identify opportunities and develop community relationships to recruit candidates for strengthening programs and conduct outreach presentations
- Develop relationships with resources for employment opportunities
- Participate in advocacy opportunities within the community
- Serve on the AEI and Financial Inclusion committees as well as a Money Smart Committee
- Conduct/Coordinate Fundamental Financial Series with partnering agencies as part of community outreach
- Work with Program Manager to expand asset development programs as needed
- College Degree in human service field. BSW/MSW preferred
- Experience in strengths-based case management with an emphasis on budget coaching and monitoring finances
- Must be willing to live by the agency's values, where we are called to show Love, Patience, Kindness, Faithfulness, Self- Control and Joy
- Experience in a goal and team oriented environment with a willingness to meet measurement criteria for projects and an ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be self-motivated, innovative, have good organizational and planning skills, and work easily with diverse groups.
- Must have a valid driver's license, reliable car and vehicle insurance
- Must have hands-on ability to work with computer programs to include a proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet.
- Strong writing, editing and interpersonal skills are essential
- Ability to travel between sites weekly and be flexible with scheduling meetings which may include evenings