Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Program Specialist - Kansas City's Medicine Cabinet
The Program Specialist is knowledgeable about all aspects of Kansas City’s Medicine Cabinet and is the primary contact for inquiries from clients, agencies and vendors. This largely administrative position processes vouchers for billing and troubleshoots client, agency and vendor issues. The position works with the Program Director, Executive Director and Controller to maintain databases and documents required by the program. The individual in this role must be committed to the goals of the organization and be able to articulate those goals and the missions of the Foundation and its flagship program, Kansas City’s Medicine Cabinet.
- Serve as primary customer service contact for KCMC’s clients, partner agencies and vendors
- Verify accuracy of bills and process vouchers for payment
- Maintain electronic and paper records; produce reports as necessary
- Assist Program Director and Outreach Coordinator with outreach, problem-solving and follow-up activities
- Maintain and implement program, data management and reporting procedures
- Represent KCMC at meetings, health fairs and events
- Conduct general clerical responsibilities for the program
- Attend staff meetings, other administrative meetings and events
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program Director
- AA or BA required
- 2-3 years of experience in social services or healthcare required; billing/payables experience helpful
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite required; experience with Adobe desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills; strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated individual with creative problem-solving skills; detail-oriented and task-focused
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines
- Displays good judgment, takes initiative and is eager to learn
- Responsive to direction and feedback; comfortable working in a collaborative environment
- Must have own vehicle, valid Kansas or Missouri Driver's License, current insurance coverage and clean driving record
- This position operates primarily in a professional office environment that is fully accessible
- This role uses standard office equipment (e.g., computers, phones, copiers, scanners and filing cabinets)
- The position is required to talk, hear, stand and walk, and to handle, feel and reach. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds and occasionally objects up to 40 pounds
- Occasional evening and weekend work, as well as occasional travel in the Kansas City region
- Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment
- The office is open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Nine paid holidays, personal time off and extended medical leave
- Starting salary $31,200 to $35,000, plus competitive benefits package
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999