Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
OMNI is honored to be retained by Youth Guidance in their search for an Program Supervisor. This outstanding opportunity is available due to the exciting expansion of Youth Guidance programs into the Kansas City market. Youth Guidance seeks a dynamic and passionate leader to support, feedback and supervision to Becoming a Man (BAM) and Working on Womanhood (WOW) Counselors to bring programmatic success to the academic and life outcomes of young men and women in the Hickman Mills School District.
Originating in Chicago, Youth Guidance creates and implements school-based programs that enable children to overcome obstacles, focus on their education, and ultimately, to succeed in school and life. The organization is a leading provider of outcomes-driven programs and capacity building initiatives, directly serving more than 13,000 youth.
BAM & WOW are school based counseling and mentoring programs that guide young men and women in 7th-12th grades to learn, internalize and practice social cognitive skills, make responsible decisions for their future, and become positive members of their school and community.
As a support and supervision role for BAM and WOW in Kansas City, the Program Supervisor’s role will primarily be in a school setting and must be flexible in their clinical expertise and collaborative skills to empower and motivate Counselors to be successful. Initially serving two schools in the Hickman Mills School District 20-21’s school year and expanding to serve 16 schools and over 1,600 youth by the 25-26 school year, this is an exciting opportunity to thoughtfully scale a program at the forefront of innovative youth development work.
- Maintains focus on the achievement of key program outcomes including goals for student performance, retention, and satisfaction
- Administers the program by assessing needs, making assignments and managing programs at multiple sites where the program operates, including coordination of data collection
- Oversees coordination, implementation and evaluation of all program activities and the desired outcomes, in collaboration with Replication Specialist
- Recommends hiring of new Counselors, employee transfers, promotions, disciplinary actions, terminations overall performance management
- Primary lead for ongoing communication with school personnel, social service agencies, community groups and public officials regarding program goals and objectives. Assures that all program documentation, records, and required reports for program stakeholders are prepared in a timely fashion
- Supports, builds, and shares best practices in clinical interventions and system leadership for positive student outcomes
- Provides or arranges ongoing weekly supervision to provide specific guidance in the areas of professional responsibilities, prioritization, time and resource allocation
- Master’s Degree in social work, counseling or a related human service field from an approved accredited university is required.
- Minimum of five years of work/internship experience in the education, human service, youth development or social services field required
- Minimum of one-year leadership experience
- Must demonstrate knowledge of advanced therapeutic concepts
- Maintains professional licensure or within 2 years of obtaining position should obtain their professional licensure
- Strong interpersonal skills that excels in cultural sensitivity and respect for differences
- Proven ability to be a self-starter, energetic, innovative and motivated
- Demonstrated experience in employee supervision and HR administration required
- Must demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job Type: Full Time