Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Oversees the physical facility operations managing and maintaining the residence to provide a comfortable, safe, clean and orderly habilitative environment. Schedules staff, consultants, transportation, service related events, medical appointments, and communicates with support coordinators at regional offices and/or targeted case management entities. Ensures staff compliance with agency policy. Assists in the hiring, training and evaluating of direct care staff.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for medical appointments by scheduling and transporting individuals to medical appointments (physical, dental, eye examinations, laboratory work, etc...);
- Visits assigned locations at least twice a week, or more often as needed, to check accuracy of MAR, medical documentation, financial ledgers, status of food in the home and other general health and safety functions in the home and for individuals;
- Review shift notes in Therap daily in order to be aware of things needing addressed at locations;
- Comments on action taken to resolve monthly directive items received from Program Specialist and submits back to PS by last business day of the month;
- Resolves HIPS/APTS in accordance with required timelines and communicates progress to Program Specialist;
- Assists in coordinating and is present for QE RN reviews;
- Ensures all medication changes are clearly documented in case records, Therap on-line records, Physician Orders and MAR;
- Ensures all significant medical updates are communicated to the Support Coordinator
- Sets up MAR and checks for accuracy, keeping all staff, the pharmacy and targeted case management entity informed of changes;
- Obtains medical treatment for illnesses or injuries in a timely manner;
- Communicates daily with all staff to provide consistency in addressing each individual's needs verbally and in daily communication logs;
- Attends Annual PCP meetings with individuals and assures all necessary planning tools are provided to the Program Manager on schedule prior to the meetings;
- Supervises and schedules sufficient staff to maintain required staffing ratios;
- Process staff occurrences (absences and incidents of tardiness);
- Documents staff attendance and leave time; reviews electronic timekeeping records for accuracy and approves hours worked
- Submits staff evaluations in a timely manner;
- Has on-call responsibility, altering schedule as necessary to meet individual needs;
- Maintains effective working relationships with supervisor and peers;
- Requests weekly household and individual petty cash funds; plans and maintains menus; orders and purchases food and household supplies; replaces worn items and appliances, ensuring adequate supplies are available to operate the facility;
- Oversees individual money expenditures and maintains required records;
- Makes adjustments in household budget and spending as directed by the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Program Officer or Chief Executive Officer;
- Completes and submits relevant sections of monthly reports, e.g. emergency drills, individual meeting minutes, vehicle use and maintenance records, etc...;
- Schedules maintenance and oversees the site implementation of the agency's Physical Facilities and Safety Policy; inspects all areas of the facility daily, maintaining adequate housecleaning standards, and notifying office of needed maintenance and repairs;
- Ensures safe and continuous operations of assigned vehicles, e.g. schedules maintenance and repairs as needed, reports needed repairs, accidents, and traffic violations;
- Facilitates monthly program meeting at each site;
- Schedules vans for transportation needs;
- Submits information for event reports;
- Completes CIST
- Schedules regular emergency drills and completes reports as required;
- Provides companionship, emotional support, crisis intervention and behavioral counseling to individuals;
- Monitors personal appearance of individuals
- Communication Proficiency
- Person Centered focused
- Has sufficient field experience to meet state guidelines and ability to pass training courses in medication administration, First Aid and CPR
- Sufficient experience in individualized program development
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand, and type in English
- Valid Missouri Chauffeur's License or Kansas Class C license
Directly supervises Direct Support Professionals
This job operates in either a group home, Independent Supported Living and/or Administrative Office setting with exposure to high levels of noise, human elements such as (blood, urine, etc.); frequent interruptions and fast paced working conditions. In this role standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines are routinely used. Office space utilizes two floors requiring navigating stairs.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, climb or bend. The employee must constantly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Also requires stepping up into commercial passenger vans.
Positon Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with core hours of work from 8:00am-4:00pm. This position may require "after" hour work as well as some weekend work
Travel will be throughout the metropolitan area with the possibility of occasional travel outside the metro area as business dictates using your personal vehicle or agency vehicle
Required Education and/or Experience
High school diploma and at least one-year of supervisory experience with persons with developmental disabilities or related field
Preferred Education and Experience
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in education, rehabilitation or related social or behavioral science field, and has a minimum of two years' supervisory experience with persons with developmental disabilities or related field.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None at this time
Please note this internal job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full Time