Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Residential Specialist - Full-Time
This position ensures care for the emotional, physical and spiritual wellbeing of clients entrusted to the care of The LIGHT House Maternity Home. Typically working in teams of two, provide for the client’s needs, encourage clients, and impart coping and life skills in a safe and structured environment which they help to create by modeling Christian values at all times.
- Provide direct monitoring of clients through visual and audial observation.
- Work with client on: Natural consequences, conflict resolution (CPI), coping and processing, parenting skills and building positive relationships
- Manage house/client needs to include: client chores, general household chores, relationship building, modeling and mentoring parenting growth and social skills.
- Provide transportation as requested
- Foster independent development: teach independent living skills, money management, time management, management of medical needs and general life and parenting skills.
- Provide support and modeling to mothers in the maternity home programs: help with general needs, diapering, feeding, changing, bathing, safe sleep instruction and safety education
- Prepare or supervise preparation of foods and ensure proper storage and labeling of foods.
- Communicate inventory and supply issues in regards to food and household supplies.
- Assurance of a Christ-centered life
- High school diploma/GED, Bachelors degree preferably in the Social Services field.
- Keep current CPR, First Aid, and Med Tech certifications
- 21 years of age minimum
- Demonstrable capacity to work well in stressful situations
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds
- Ability to assist with infants and children in the program
- Scheduled shifts: hours and shifts may vary to meet the needs of the organization. Weekends and some holidays as required.
- Successful completion of any initial and recurrent training and/or certification required of this position.
We offer wages and benefits that create a Robust Total Rewards package
Insurance coverage in the following areas begins on the first day of employment:
• Life Insurance (equaling 3X the annual salary)
• Medical/Health Insurance (for Employee only-$25.00 per month.)
• Dental Insurance
• Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Christian workplace atmosphere in a ministry setting
To apply for this position, just go visit our website at www.mbch.org Then, select “Employment”, then click on “Current Openings”, then search for "Residential Specialist - Full-Time - Kansas City- Light House (29222)”, then apply. Once we have received your application, we will submit it to the management team for review.
Job Type: Full Time