Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Residential Specialist- Full-Time- Overnight- The LIGHT House - Kansas City, MO.
The LIGHT House provides Christ-centered maternity care, adoption services and on-going ministry to young mothers and their babies in the Kansas City area. We are seeking to hire a full time, Residential Specialist to support the clients in our care. If you have a heart for ministry to mothers and their babies please apply. There is a $1,000 signing bonus that is included to this rewarding position.
This position ensures care for the emotional, physical and spiritual well being of clients entrusted to the care of The LIGHT House Maternity Home. Working independently and over night, this RS will provide for the client’s needs, encourage clients, and impart coping and life skills in a safe and structured environment which is create by modeling Christian values.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, client supervision, team collaboration, professional communication, record keeping, provision for client s' health and welfare, and spiritual mentor-ship.
Schedule is Sunday through Thursday 11:00 pm to 7:00 am. This position requires the RS to be awake and alert, monitoring clients needs and house security.
Compensation and Benefits:
HIgh School Diploma or Equivalent
$11.25-$11.55 depending on experience and education
Insurance coverage in the following areas begins on the first day of employment:
• Life Insurance (equaling 3X the annual salary)
• Medical/Health Insurance (for Employee only-$25.00 per month.)
• Dental Insurance
• Disability Insurance
After the six-month assessment period the following benefits begin:
• Employee is eligible for a ½ step merit raise (based on 6-month evaluation/performance appraisal)
• Employee begins accruing vacation and sick time (80 hours/year for each)
• Employee begins retirement program. On a monthly basis, the agency will put the equivalent of 10% of the employee’s monthly salary into the retirement account. (The 10% is not taken out of the salary.) Fully vested after five years of 20% per year schedule.
• MCCA Certifications: at six, twelve and eighteen-month intervals, 3 levels of certification (Basic, Senior, Master) can be earned by meeting specific training and work experience requirements. A pay increase of $320/semi-annually can be earned for each level obtained.
• Training/Staff Development Opportunities at no cost to employee.
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Christian workplace atmosphere in a ministry setting.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Assurance of a Christ-centered life
- High school diploma or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in the Social Services field.
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid driver's license and willingness to obtain Class E Chauffeur's license within 10 days of employment.
- Demonstrable capacity to work well in stressful situations
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds
- Ability to assist with infants and children in the program
- Successful completion of any initial and recurrent training and/or certification required of this position.
MBCH is a faith-based organization and the best candidates share our Christian faith, values and ministry focus.
If you are interested in this position, just go visit our website at www.mbch.org Then, select “Employment”, then click on “Current Openings”, select Residential Specialist - Full Time - Overnight - The LIGHT House - Kansas City, MO (29105), then apply. Once we have received your application, we will submit it to the management team for review.
If you have any questions or need anything else, please contact me at 314-739-6811 ext. 1221.
Thank you so much and have a great day!
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Up to $29,999