Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Resource Specialist, Welcome Center (Kansas City - St. Joseph -Remote Optional)
The Resource Specialist will provide advice, support, financial assistance, and internal/external resources to households in the St. Joseph area and the surrounding counties. The Resource Specialist will utilize the Client Centric Service Model to address the needs and barriers of clients, to encourage self-sufficiency. This position will also assist tenants and landlords with completing the SAFHR application for rental and utility assistance in the 27 counties within the Diocese of Kansas City – St. Joseph. This position will travel to some southern counties depending on the needs within those areas. The position may be filled as a remote work position (i.e., from your home office) or in either of our St. Joseph or Kansas City, Missouri offices.
· Acquire and maintain in-depth knowledge of St. Joseph area and rural community resources specific to housing, transportation, rent and utility assistance, mental health, physical health, food, employment, and substance abuse needs, in addition to various client needs which may arise.
· Acquire and maintain in-depth knowledge of internal programming and resources, including eligibility criteria for each program.
· Provide SAFHR (State Assistance for Housing Relief) services to tenants and landlords within our 27 counties; traveling to rural areas.
· Identify and serve Missouri renters in need of assistance and other community resources to active housing stability.
· Connect tenants to financial assistance program established by SAFHR.
· Assist tenants and landlords, either in-person or remotely in completing online SAFHR financial assistance application.
· Conduct intake and gather basic demographic information from clients.
· Obtain signed authorization that allows for submission of tenant level information into a data collection system.
· Obtain and upload required documentation to complete the assistance request.
· Develop a written action plan to facilitate tenant housing stability and review action plan with Tenant.
· Engage in one or more of the action plan steps to facilitate tenant housing stability.
· Complete case notes and required documentation.
· Build relationships with local business partners for emergency assistance resources.
· Develop partnerships with other community agencies and organizations to maximize available resources in meeting the emergency assistance needs in the community.
· Provide short term service coordination for individuals seeking support from Catholic Charities.
· Track data and complete reports as required.
· Attend program meetings weekly regarding agency policies, services, and updates.
· Develop ongoing professional relationships with current and potential agency referral sources.
· Represent and interpret the mission and the work of the Agency to the community.
· In conjunction with other staff members, identify and implement actions to improve processes to ensure quality services are offered.
· Assist with Catholic Charities Marketing department opportunities for media to promote success stories.
· Meet with community agencies and organizations on a pre-determined basis to determine emergency assistance needs.
· Represent the work of the Agency in a positive manner to community partners.
· Greet each person who comes to the Agency in a professional manner.
· Provide a quality experience for each individual served.
· Receive service inquiries from the community by phone, email, or walk-ins.
· Conduct screening and assessment of needs for individuals/families that contact Catholic Charities.
· Return telephone calls and emails within 24-48 hours of receipt.
· Facilitate client connections to Catholic Charities programs and provide information and referral to community resources.
· Bachelor’s degree in social work or human service-related field from an accredited institution is required.
· Must have a valid Missouri Class E driver’s license or willing to acquire one, vehicle insurance, and successfully pass criminal and motor vehicle background checks.
· A minimum of two years’ experience in direct services or case management and/or substantial knowledge of St. Joseph and rural social services resources.
I understand that as an employee of Catholic Charities I am expected to perform job duties in alignment with the items listed below:
· Follows the Catholic Social Teachings in all aspects while performing job duties.
· Works collaboratively to achieve goals and resolves conflict to achieve the greater good.
· Respect for the diversity of talents and gifts of others and belief in cultivating those to promote personal and professional development.
· Demonstrates compassion and commitment for helping others improve their lives.
Job Type: Full Time