Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Shalom House Coordinator
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by assisting the Family Support Site Manager in daily site administrative activities and volunteer management. EEO.
- Open the house each morning and ensure policies for morning routines are followed
- Ensure day to day activities are completed including facility request and clean-up of internal and external facilities
- Respond to all phone calls, mail and e-mail daily.
- Maintain documentation and records pertaining to the program. Maintain confidentiality of guests and volunteers.
- Purchase all supplies and maintain spreadsheet for supply budget
- Provide transportation to guest as needed as part of their stability plan
- Track and report pertinent information on Shalom House program activities using the HMIS system and client files.
- Maintain involvement and relationships with the community through presentations, tours of the facilities and participation in appropriate meetings, events, and coalitions
- Attend all required agency meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is very diverse
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Service related fields strongly preferred.
- Minimum two years’ previous experience in social services working with diverse populations
- Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) experience strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and respect people from a variety of social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a team setting, including Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas colleagues, contractors and funding sources.
- Preference for Bi-lingual Spanish Speaking.