Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Provide 24-hour shelter coverage, providing advocacy and crisis intervention services for clients while providing a safe, structured, and supportive environment for residents and children coming into shelter. Supplying crisis intervention and emotional support to clients, answering the crisis hotline, resource referrals, intake interviews, providing basic needs, safety planning, while monitoring the safety and security of the shelter, ensuring the cleanliness and sanitation of the shelter, and carry out scheduled activities for the residents.
Reports directly to the Lead Advocates. Full-time or part-time positions are available.
Starting Salary: $14/hr + fulltime employees are eligible to receive health and vision benefits, 401(k) (following a qualifying period), and a generous PTO package.
Sunday 4:45 p.m.-12:15 a.m.
Monday 4:45 p.m.-12:15 a.m.
Tuesday 3:45 p.m.-11:15 p.m.
Wednesday 3:45 p.m.-11:15 p.m.
Thursday 3:45 p.m.-11:15 p.m.
Saturday 8:15 a.m.-3:45 p.m.
Sunday 8:15 a.m.-3:45 p.m.
Sunday 11:00 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
· Knowledge and understanding of domestic violence through educational and/or experiential learning.
· Care and concern for adults and children coming from abusive homes.
· Ability to effectively organize and prioritize tasks, details, and assignments to meet deadlines.
· Proven history of self-directed work to improve processes, client experience, and overall operations.
· Must possess executive maturity, sound judgment, a professional appearance, and act as a team player.
· Demonstration of integrity, honesty, and high ethical standards.
· Efficient and keen interpersonal skills, being sensitive to our Trauma-Informed Care model.
· Alignment and adherence to the Newhouse mission, vision, values, and organizational culture.
· Knowledge and practice of non-violent methods of regulation and behavior correction.
· Willingness to explore community resources that are available to support families in shelter.
· Adaptability and flexibility in unpredictable or high-stress situations.
· Ability to use basic computer programs to enter accurate and timely information into shelter database.
Job Type: Full Time,Part Time