Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Start Young Resource Navigator
Position Location and Department
- This position is part of our Start Young Program
- This position will work at our Wyandotte County office located at 444 Minnesota Ave., Kansas City, KS 66101.
The Start Young Resource Navigator will assist families in finding a child care provider among Start Young partners in Wyandotte County. They will support income-eligible families at Start Young provider partners in applying for the state child care assistance and award Start Young supplemental scholarships for child care tuition.
- Medical Insurance (The Family Conservancy offers health insurance to all full time employees working a minimum of 30 hours per week)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts
- Vision & Dental Insurance.
- Long Term Disability.
- Life Insurance.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan matching up to 2%.
- Yearly 5% employer retirement contribution.
- Paid Vacation.
- Sick Leave.
- Personal time off.
- Agency paid holidays.
- Flexible work schedules (Hybrid)
- Maintains current knowledge and awareness of various KS child care assistance rules and regulations to ensure ability to make proper judgments on eligibility during the application process.
- Reviews state forms (e.g. Form 1610) on behalf of families to formalize the child care subsidy application.
- Processes supplemental scholarship applications to make quality child care more accessible to families with risk factors.
- Conducts ongoing communication with families to identify and check-in on family goals, to provide any additional resources a family may need, and to renew subsidy or gap funding applications as needed.
- Collaborates with child care center directors and program staff to collect enrollment information in order to assist with filling open spaces.
- Prepares and documents necessary family and site information for the creation of gap funding invoices by the 5th of each month.
- Assesses clients’ needs to assist families in finding a partner child care site that might best meet the needs of the child(ren) and guardian(s).
- Attends job fairs and other events to promote child care opportunities to Wyandotte county families.
- Assists the Start Young Manager in identifying and establishing partnerships with area agencies to serve as referral sources to Start Young.
- Coordinates with TFC's Early Head Start of KS staff to arrange child placement, if a slot is available.
- Offers assistance to families in times of transition that may impact their child care subsidy.
- Interacts with all clients in a client-centered trauma-informed manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Maintains confidentiality of all agency information, consumer nonpublic personal information (NPI) and personal health information (PHI), as well as records directly or indirectly identifying any person currently or formerly receiving services from The Family Conservancy.
- Accepts, uses supervision, direction, consultation to maximize available resources in the completion of work duties.
Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree in Early Childhood Education, Human Services, or closely related field required.
- Minimum of two years professional experience in clerical/administrative functions.
- Bilingual fluency in written and oral English/Spanish preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
- Travel to and from sites as needed.
The Family Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply for this position, please visit our website at: https://www.thefamilyconservancy.org/careers/
Job Type: Full Time