Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Therapeutic Case Manager
Newhouse, a domestic violence shelter, offers safe shelter to victims of domestic violence as we assist them in healing and securing safe and permanent housing. Services include a comprehensive continuum of care and programming and services, accessing medical and psychiatric care, intensive case management, housing placement, and benefits assistance. Our talented, multi-disciplinary team utilizes a strengths-based perspective to helps victims of domestic violence reach goals for self-sufficiency and independent housing for themselves and their children. Newhouse is seeking qualified candidates to fill the Therapeutic Case Manager position.
Working as part of an interdisciplinary team, the Therapeutic Case Manager is a critical part of shelter operations. The Therapeutic Case Manager provides important clinical support for clients struggling with mental health diagnoses complicated by the issues of domestic violence and helps them stabilize and maintain in shelter to get the benefits of programming. The Therapeutic Case Manager provides direct service to clients including assessment, individual supportive counseling, and problem-solving to manage activities of daily living. In addition, case management and advocacy are provided to attain benefits and services from other community organizations. The Therapeutic Case Manager assists clients with medication compliance and off-site appointments to meet psychiatric care needs. The Therapeutic Case Manager facilitates client group meetings and activities to assist in building skills for independent living and helps coach clients toward obtaining permanent housing.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Master’s Degree in Counseling or Social Work
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience in the field of domestic violence, homelessness, behavioral health and/or substance abuse or residential support is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of Trauma Informed Care.
- Knowledge and training in DBT
- Understanding of and/or previous experience providing strengths-based case management.
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues surrounding domestic violence.
- Knowledge of Kansas City area community resources including employment, health, finances, mental health, housing, legal issues, and education.
- Ability to relate to all populations with sensitivity and understanding of cultural and economic issues, religious and spiritual values and sexual orientation.
- Strong listening, oral and written communication skills; positive problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently
- Team player who is resourceful, pro-active and comfortable working with diverse populations.
- Proven organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Willingness to comply with established agency policies and performance standards, which may include productivity/personal responsibility, client/customer services, teamwork and maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Must pass a background check.
- Computer literacy, including MS Office.
Newhouse offers a favorable employment package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Generous employer contribution towards employee health benefits with supplemental affordable health and dental plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Meal options
Job Type: Full-time
To apply for this position, please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements within https://newhouse.prismhr-hire.com/job/125964/therapeutic-case-manager
Thank you for considering Newhouse.