Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Transitional Living Support Specialist-Shalom House
Please apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1380055/Catholic-Charities-of-Northeast-Kansas-INC/Transitional-Living-Support-Specialist-Shalom-House
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by providing supportive housing services. Direct Care Staff provide supervision & oversight of clients and facility. Assist case managers in carrying out tasks assigned to tenants; provide support, assistance/train tenants in maintaining daily living, escort to appointments, conduct groups & activities on/off site.
Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace the broadest definition of neighbor and the characteristics that make them unique, including age, gender, race, ethnicity, social-economic status, education, immigration status, national origin, language, family or marital status, political affiliation, disability and religious beliefs.
- Complete client intakes and assist with development of Preliminary Plan of Service.
- Conduct house meetings and participate in shift change meetings.
- Provide clients with opportunities to learn/practice skills; encourage positive skills development; supervise clients’ day-to-day interactions.
- Provide clients with all basic needs, including a clean and safe living environment.
- Provide level of supervision to clients based on the level of supervision needed.
- Empower clients and staff to problem solve.
- Transport clients to appointments.
- Participate in planning and implementation of services, activities, and/or skills training for group and individual work.
- Maintain safety, confidentiality, and protection of clients.
- Complete all documentation as required by program (i.e., incident reports, case notes, daily logs, medical documentation, etc.).
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- 2 Years of experience preferred
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is very diverse
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record. (required if the person will be driving as part of their primary responsibilities)
- Must be able to pass DOT screening. (required if driving an agency vehicle requiring DOT certification)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- May be exposed to infectious diseases
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
Job Type: Full Time