Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Transitional Shelter Case Manager
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by providing long term case management for program participants that promotes personal and economic independence, and ensures that skills required to obtain, maintain, and retain permanent housing are achieved, while living in well-maintained transitional shelter environment. EEO.
- Weekdays 2:00pm-10:00pm (subject to change) provides assigned clients with twice-weekly case management that is client driven, strength based, trauma informed, and a written goal plan that promotes self-sufficiency.
- Engages and refers for treatment chronically homeless individuals suffering from disorders of mental illness and substance abuse, utilizing trust-building, motivational and integrated treatment methodologies; provides referrals to local treatment providers and monitors progress.
- Adheres to and enforces program regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Daily puts all client services rendered into a Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Maintains client files that are confidential and in compliance with operational policies and procedures.
- Manages meal schedules, and in collaboration with CCNEK Volunteer Department, serves as the liaison for community groups providing evening meals; purchases all supplies and maintains spreadsheet for supply budget.
- Provides transportation to clients as needed to achieve stability plan.
- Responds daily to all phone calls, mail and e-mails.
- Utilizes day to day working relationship with outside agencies and resources relevant to client populations.
- Follow-ups on referrals; participates in case conferences; organizes special activities for clients.
- Manages house audits and submits daily, weekly, monthly reports as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy.
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required.
- Intermediate level computer skills required; skilled in Microsoft Office products highly preferred.
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
- Bachelor’s degree relevant to human services and/or minimum of three years of proven experience in Human Service work required.
- Minimum of three years of long-term case management experience with highly vulnerable populations strongly preferred.
- Previous HUD housing programming and HMIS experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and respect people from a variety of social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must have the physical ability to climb stairs.
Job Type: Full Time