Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Transitional Shelter Manager
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by ensuring that all program participants are provided with the services necessary to promote personal and economic independence, and have gained within a specific time period, the skills required to obtain, maintain, and retain permanent housing. EEO.
- Weekdays 2:00pm -10:00pm (subject to change) supervises clients, staff, and volunteers in a single male only transitional housing shelter.
- Ensures all shelter clients receive twice-weekly case management that is client driven, strength based, trauma informed, and that written goal plans are being achieved that promote self-sufficiency.
- Adheres to and enforces program regulations, policies, and procedures. Ensures that all clients are receiving quality services that are in compliance with the program.
- Manages all finances including a fiscal year budget and diverse funding spreadsheets.
- Ensures local and state regulations covering health, safety, and capacity requirements are met.
- Develops skills-training, vocational, and recreational programs for residents.
- Ensures client files are confidential and in compliance with operational policies and procedures.
- Reports monthly statistics and program goals and outcomes to Senior Director Mission Operations.
- Supervises use of Homeless Management Information System (HMIS), ensuring timely, high quality, data collection and entry.
- Attends and participates in Greater Kansas City Coalition to End Homelessness (GKCCEH) Continuum of Care (CoC) monthly meetings.
- Collaborates with CCNEK team members to achieve program integration.
- Facilitates collaborative relationships with other service agencies and community permanent supportive housing providers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy.
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required.
- Proficient level computer skills required; skilled in Microsoft Office products highly preferred.
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
- Bachelor’s degree relevant to human services and/or minimum of three years of proven experience in Human Service work required.
- Minimum three years of supervisory experience required.
- Minimum three years of experience serving homeless/transitional populations strongly preferred.
- Previous HUD housing programming and HMIS experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to relate to the underserved, homeless and disabled populations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Professional public speaking abilities and experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to work in a team setting, including Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas colleagues, contractors and funding sources.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Must have the physical ability to climb stairs.
Job Type: Full Time