Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Victim Advocate - Order of Protection Court
ROSE BROOKS CENTER
NOTICE OF JOB POSTING
Victim Advocate - Order of Protection Court (Position #250-003-FT-VAO)
Rose Brooks Center, a non-profit domestic violence agency, seeks a Victim Advocate – Order of Protection Court whose primary role will be to provide survivors of domestic violence with court advocacy services, support in planning for safety and assistance accessing community resources.
This position will provide court advocacy services that are survivor-centered, accessible, trauma-informed, and culturally competent to survivors of domestic violence who seek safety options through the criminal or civil justice system. Direct service activities include safety planning, education on how to navigate the court system and on victim rights, provide assistance accessing community resources, assistance filing victims’ compensation and follow-up phone contacts. Coordinated community response activities include facilitating linkages between survivor and court personnel, law enforcement, domestic violence programs, legal services, and social services; participating in workgroup activities and providing education and training to community partners, volunteers and students. Administrative responsibilities include data collection, data entry and grant reporting specific to the role.
This position supports the mission and values of the agency, collaborates across program teams within the agency as well as systems and persons outside the agency. This exempt position reports to the Advocacy and Education Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience
- 1 year experience providing equitable and inclusive domestic violence advocacy and knowledge of domestic violence
- Demonstrated knowledge of municipal, state and federal laws to help protect survivors of domestic violence and hold domestic violence offenders accountable.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office - Excel and Word.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Bilingual Spanish-English skillset
- Experience working in a court setting
Other Aspects of the Job:
- Perform all job responsibilities while demonstrating proficiency in all RBC Competencies and a commitment to the overall mission of Rose Brooks Center.
- Perform functions of job according to agency policies and procedures.
- Attend scheduled staff and team meetings.
Hours: Full-time, M-F primarily day hours, but may include some evenings. 40-hours minimum per week.
To Apply: E-mail or send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
HumanResources@Rosebrooks.org or PO Box 320599 Kansas City, MO 64132
Candidates must consent to a Background Check and Children’s Division (Central Registry/Child Abuse) Screening.
Deadline: Open until filled per required qualifications.
Rose Brooks Center is an equal opportunity employer who values and embraces diversity.
Job Type: Full Time