Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Violence Prevention AmeriCorps VISTA
Since 1975 Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault (MOCSA) has been an essential part of the Kansas City metro. Our mission to improve the lives of those impacted by sexual abuse and assault, and to prevent sexual violence in our community. MOCSA is seeking a Violence Prevention AmeriCorps VISTA to join our dynamic organization of diverse, dedicated and innovative individuals.
MOCSA is recruiting an Americorps VISTA to assist with the implementation of community violence prevention programming in Wyandotte County, Kansas.
The Violence Prevention AmeriCorps VISTA will build MOCSA’s capacity to prevent multiple forms of violence at the community level through community engagement, assessment, and the development and implementation of prevention strategies.
- Engage stakeholders and participate in efforts to build capacity around violence prevention at a community level.
- Work with MOCSA staff to expand community partner knowledge of a public health approach to violence prevention engage partners in new and existing prevention programming.
- Seek out community engagement opportunities, stakeholder meetings, outreach fairs, and community events to build relationships in the community and represent MOCSA at these opportunities.
- Assist in coalition development, including meeting planning, partner follow-up, record keeping, and reporting.
- Lead implementation of community projects in alignment with violence prevention goals.
- Comfort and/or experience working with community members.
- A basic understanding of or interest in the field of sexual abuse and assault.
- Ability to perform administrative, computer-based tasks.
- Interest in public health issues.
- Must have a driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Clear criminal and child abuse background screen.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
Job Type: Full Time