Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Youth Care Specialist -Part Time Light House Kansas City, MO
The LIGHT House Maternity Home, an affiliate of Missouri Baptist Children's Home, seeks 2 part time weekend Youth Care Specialists to provide direct care for our mothers/infants.
Our wonderful, large home is clean, beautifully furnished, and conveniently located in the Kansas City metro area.
Here are the available scheduled days/times per position:
1st position: Every other weekend Saturday 7 am to 5 pm and Sunday 3 pm to 11 pm.
2nd position: Every other weekend Saturday 1 pm to 11 pm and Sunday 3 pm to 11 pm.
Wage Between: $11.00 per hour to $11.25 per hour.
Youth Care Specialists ensure care for the emotional, physical and spiritual well-being of our clients. Typically working in teams of two, the Residential Advocates provide for the clients’ needs, give encouragement, and impart coping and life skills in a safe and structured environment which they help to create by modeling Christian values at all times.
- Providing direct monitoring of clients under immediate care
- Foster independent development: teach independent living skills, money & time management, management of medical needs & parenting skills, etc.
- Managing house/clients’ needs: chores, life skills, relationship building, modeling/mentoring parenting growth, social skills, etc.
- Provide support and modeling to mothers in the maternity home programs: help with general needs, diapering, feeding, changing, bathing, safe sleep instruction & safety education
- Communicating and collaborating with other staff to coordinate services and ensure quality
- Prepare or supervise preparation of foods and ensure proper storage and labeling of foods.
- Leading clients in devotions and prayer time daily
- Completing daily reports and other required documentation and administrative task as necessary
We are seeking an advocate, living a faith-centered life, who is passionate about working with young mothers and their babies. This position requires a quick learner who is highly dependable, trustworthy and capable of working effectively in a sometimes stressful environment.
- The LIGHT House is a faith-based Christian agency, the best applicants share our beliefs, values, and ministry focus.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent, degree in the Social Services field preferred
- Valid driver’s license, and willingness to obtain Class E driver's license within ten days of employment
- Have, or be willing to obtain, CPR, First Aid, Med Tech certifications
- Highly dependable and trustworthy
- Ability to lift at least 30 pounds
- Ability to assist with infants and children in the program.
Job Type: Part Time
Salary Range: Up to $29,999