Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Youth Program Assistant
Overview of Hillcrest Transitional Housing
Hillcrest solves homelessness one family at a time in the greater Kansas City metro area. We offer homeless families, singles and youth a disciplined educational program within a caring, supportive environment. Unlike many organizations whose focus is one-time or emergency care, Hillcrest’s primary objective is to move clients from homelessness to self-sufficiency by addressing the total life situation of the homeless families we serve. At any given time, there are approximately 100 households in our care. Hillcrest provides and operates the following:
- A transitional housing program that focuses on moving clients to self-sufficiency within a 90-day time frame.
- A 24-month youth housing program for homeless teens and youth adults, ages 16-24, who have an educational goal.
- A rapid re-housing program for those in need of immediate housing.
Hillcrest thrives because of a talented and diverse staff of more than 40 individuals. Each member of #TeamHillcrest is fueled with a passion for serving others. The team at Hillcrest collaborates daily to provide a loving and supportive environment to meet the needs of the families we are blessed to serve every day.
Why Join #TeamHillcrest?
Everyone at our organization works extremely hard every day and we know it takes a special amount of Godly grit to serve at Hillcrest. We are a growing organization looking for amazing people to join us. In addition to competitive wages and a flexible work environment, Hillcrest offers the following benefits to all members of #TeamHillcrest:
- Paid training and onboarding
- Paid vacation and PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- 11 paid holidays annually
- Company matched 403(b) retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program + Employee Assistance Fund
- Discount at our thrift stores
- Annual professional development opportunities
- Advancement opportunities within the organization
For full-time Hillcrest staff, we offer 100% paid employee premium for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. For those with dependents, Hillcrest offers a monthly stipend of help offset the cost of dependent premiums. Plans begin the first of the month following start date.
Opportunity – Youth Program Assistant
The mission of the Hillcrest Transitional Housing Youth Program Assistant is to support our youth transitional housing program. Hillcrest Youth Program Assistants meet the needs of residents to ensure they have the ability and resources to move from homelessness to self-sufficiency.
The perfect candidate for this position will be committed to service and embody the organization’s mission. They will be a passionate advocate for our organization, our residents, and those in need of our services. Ideally, they are comfortable working with other faith-based organizations, ministry groups, and volunteers. The candidate will be ready to work in a fast paced, diverse, and collaborative work environment. This person must be trustworthy, confident, and comfortable making important, life changing decisions daily. Being ready on day one with experience in serving a diverse population and navigating the Kansas City metro area social services is a must.
Essential Duties of the Transitional Housing Case Manager
- Providing direct administrative support to the case management team.
- Maintain youth applications, waitlist, provide information and referrals.
- Coordinate and attend youth community events and life skills, some evenings and weekends required.
- Help transport youth as needed to community outings, doctor appointments, grocery store, etc.
- Help with data entry (using Apricot, Outlook, Teams, Excel, etc.).
- Assist with organizing donations and maintaining a stocked pantry.
- Assist with annual Hillcrest events: back-to-school drives, Christmas adoption, Gala.
- Assist with preparing apartments for move-ins, submit maintenance tickets as needed, assist apartment sponsors.
- Assist with volunteers and donors by helping with tours, community service projects, picking up donations, etc.
- Ability to help at all Hillcrest campus as need in the Kansas City Metro area.
- Serve in other duties, roles, responsibilities as needed by the organization to fulfill its mission.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel within the Kansas City Metro area is required.
- A bachelor’s degree with coursework in social work, sociology, or psychology is preferred.
- Knowledge of working with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to complete work in a timely, accurate, confidential, and thorough manner.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to complete reoccurring tasks independently.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Hillcrest.
- Ability to exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Strong attention to detail and experience balancing ongoing projects with one-time requests.
- Comfortable in networking and public speaking.
- Familiarity with Windows, Office, Outlook, and HMIS or equivalent industry software.
We have two full-time openings. One is located at our Kansas City, Kansas facility and the other will be located at our new location in Independence, Missouri. Candidates must be willing to work in our offices daily. Typical hours for this role are 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday. There will be after-hours events and activities that will require additional hours on evenings and weekends.
Salary range for this position is $18.00 - $21.00 per hour based on experience and credentials.
To apply, visit https://hillcrestkc.org/careers/.
Hillcrest Ministries of MidAmerica, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999