Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Youth Transitional Housing Case Manager
Overview of Hillcrest Transitional Housing
Hillcrest solves homelessness one family at a time in the greater Kansas City metro area. We offer homeless families, singles and youth a disciplined educational program within a caring, supportive environment. Unlike many organizations whose focus is one-time or emergency care, Hillcrest’s primary objective is to move clients from homelessness to self-sufficiency by addressing the total life situation of the homeless families we serve. At any given time, there are approximately 100 households in our care. Hillcrest provides and operates the following:
- A transitional housing program that focuses on moving clients to self-sufficiency within a 90-day time frame.
- A 24-month youth housing program for homeless teens and youth adults, ages 16-24, who have an educational goal.
- A rapid re-housing program for those in need of immediate housing.
Hillcrest thrives because of a talented and diverse staff of more than 40 individuals. Each member of #TeamHillcrest is fueled with a passion for serving others. The team at Hillcrest collaborates daily to provide a loving and supportive environment to meet the needs of the families we are blessed to serve every day.
Why Join #TeamHillcrest?
Everyone at our organization works extremely hard every day and we know it takes a special amount of Godly grit to serve at Hillcrest. We are a growing organization looking for amazing people to join us. In addition to competitive wages and a flexible work environment, Hillcrest offers the following benefits to all members of #TeamHillcrest:
- Paid training and onboarding
- Paid vacation and PTO
- Paid Parental Leave
- 11 paid holidays annually
- Company matched 403(b) retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program + Employee Assistance Fund
- Discount at our thrift stores
- Annual professional development opportunities
- Advancement opportunities within the organization
For full-time Hillcrest staff, we offer 100% paid employee premium for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. For those with dependents, Hillcrest offers a monthly stipend of help offset the cost of dependent premiums. Plans begin the first of the month following start date.
Opportunity – Youth Transitional Housing Case Manager
The mission of the Hillcrest Youth Transitional Housing Case Manager is to administer our youth transitional housing program. Hillcrest Youth Case Managers meet the needs of resident families to ensure they have the ability and resources to move from homelessness to self-sufficiency. The Youth Case Manager establishes long-term stability for the program graduates and provides appropriate supportive services.
The perfect candidate for this position will be committed to service and embody the organization’s mission. They will be a passionate advocate for our organization, our residents, and those in need of our services. Ideally, they are comfortable working with other faith-based organizations, ministry groups, and volunteers. The candidate will be ready to work in a fast paced, diverse, and collaborative work environment. This person must be trustworthy, confident, and comfortable making important, life changing decisions daily. Being ready on day one with experience in serving a diverse population and navigating the Kansas City metro area social services is a must.
Essential Duties of the Transitional Housing Case Manager
- Participates in family selection by reviewing applications and scheduling prospective client interviews.
- Coordinates and conducts client move-in dates with resident manager and apartment sponsors.
- Provides initial orientation to new residents upon move-in.
- Ensures individual basic needs are met by providing referrals and distributing donated products; connects clients to mainstream benefit resources. Acts as central resource person for all inquiries from clients.
- Schedules and facilitates weekly budget and case management meetings. Collaborates with volunteer counselors to ensure residents will earn enough resources to provide for future housing needs and begin independent living. Works with clients to address debt load, reduction/forgiveness, and credit repair.
- Monitors resident family compliance with program expectations and guidelines for participation in budget sessions, weekly classes and maintaining full time employment.
- Maintains accurate written and HMIS records of resident activities including an evaluation of each client's progress at entry, at 30-day intervals, and exit. Enrolls clients in appropriate HMIS programs, updates HMIS entries, and exits clients in a timely fashion. Must also maintain required documentation and record keeping per grant including but not limited to HUD Emergency Solutions Rapid Re-Housing (ESG-RRH) and community grants.
- Encourages client success in the program by meeting with and counseling them on a weekly basis, taking care to illustrate the reasons behind the rules of the program.
- Delegates tasks (sorting pantry, thrift store errands, furniture pickups, storage, questionnaires, form letters, etc.) to volunteers while training and nurturing them in their designated task to meet Hillcrest high standards.
- Facilitates family transition to self-sufficiency by performing move-out housing inspections, facilitating financial assistance as needed, scheduling a visit to their new home, and initiating regular personal contact with graduate families to offer advice and encouragement (aftercare).
- Develops and implements programs that benefit families transition to self-sufficiency, e.g., tutoring, educational field trips, GED training, aftercare, youth group, life skills, etc.
- Represents Hillcrest with clients, donors, and community partners.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel within the Kansas City Metro area is required.
- A bachelor’s degree with coursework in social work, sociology, or psychology is preferred.
- Knowledge of working with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to complete work in a timely, accurate, confidential, and thorough manner.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Hillcrest.
- Ability to exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Strong attention to detail and experience balancing ongoing projects with one-time requests.
- Comfortable in networking and public speaking.
- Familiarity with Windows, Office, Google Drive, Gmail, and HMIS or equivalent industry software.
This is a full-time position located at our Kansas City, Kansas housing campus, with future transition to our new campus in Independence, Missouri. Candidates must be willing to work in our offices daily. Typical hours for this role are 9am – 5pm, Monday through Friday. There will be after-hours events and activities that will require additional hours on evenings and weekends. In addition, the Youth Case Manager will be on-call for any resident emergencies that may occur.
Salary range for this position is $36,000 - $45,000 based on experience and credentials.
To apply, visit https://hillcrestkc.org/careers/.
Hillcrest Ministries of MidAmerica, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999