Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Employment Services Coordinator / Van Go, Inc.
Employment Services Coordinator / Van Go, Inc.
Van Go, Inc. is an arts-based social service agency based in Lawrence, Kansas that provides year-round, after-school, and summer job-training programs to high-needs and under-served youth, ages 14-24.
Van Go, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and innovative individual to empower and support in-school and out-of-school youth and young adults with career exploration and guidance, job readiness training, work experience, and post-secondary support services in order to assist them in achieving their employment and education goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Employment Services Coordinator will be responsible for case management, supervision of youth participants and other duties, including but not limited to the following:
- Provide direct service to Van Go program participants and is instrumental in coordinating various employment-related projects and events in collaboration with other program team members
- Provide supervision of all youth participants in Van Go Programs, to include onboarding, modeling, overseeing and enforcing employee policies, providing regular performance evaluations and managing disciplinary actions, as needed
- Provide individual and group-based career readiness training/financial literacy classes to young adult and/or youth participants and provide training as requested by agency administration
- Provide Case management services for the development of an individualized service strategy for each participant that identifies educational and employment goals and objectives with services and support for positive outcomes
- Coordinate the recruitment, hiring, and enrollment of program participants and meet agency goals for numbers of youth employees in Van Go Programs
- Assess participant's job readiness and determine needs, provide career counseling, and assist participant with meeting long and short-term employment and educational goals
- Develop and execute professional curricula related to job skills and post-secondary education
- Use labor market information and industry trends to help participants assess employment and educational opportunities and ensure curriculum and approaches to workforce development are cutting edge
- Develop relationships with potential employers and work in partnership with other program staff to coordinate the placement of well-prepared youth into those opportunities
- Monitor worksites to ensure adherence to child labor laws, safety guidelines and program requirements for WIOA and other youth programs
- Coordinate employment support services and provide follow-up services to program participants
- Perform routine administrative functions (participant record keeping/reporting, preparing worksite agreements, research, etc.) to include assisting with youth payroll to ensure accurate timekeeping and timely compensation to all program participants
- Contribute to the achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual employment and internship goals and assist outcome reporting
- Track participant activities, progress and results in a timely manner using client management and tracking systems
- Attend regular meetings and provide progress reports, as necessary, to ensure consistent communication and efficiency in program service delivery.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Education, Business or related field from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated at least three (3) years of experience in the delivery of social service or educational programs, related employment and training services, and/or workforce development activities or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Demonstrated at least three (3) years of supervisory experience and leadership skills
- Experience in an employment or educational environment as an instructor, teacher, tutor or counselor
- Case Management Experience
- Experience and enthusiasm for working with diverse populations of youth
- Experience working with individuals experiencing poverty, homelessness, mental health issues, and/or other related issues and the ability to interact with program participants and staff with professionalism, respect and dignity
- Handle confidential information discretely and professionally
- Strong commitment to being part of a team with excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, effectively manage competing demands, meet strict deadlines and have strong attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Competency with software including Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Knowledge of WIOA Youth programs preferred
The Employment Services Coordinator position is full time, salaried, and exempt. Van Go, Inc. provides comprehensive health insurance, paid vacation and personal time off, retirement benefits and an annual salary range of $35,000-$40,000 depending on education, experience, demonstrated skills/traits.
There are no known physical limitations or considerations to perform this job successfully. The work hours for this position will be appropriate to the needs of the program, program participants and agency, with some evenings and weekends to meet deadlines. Reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance are required. Must pass a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. Position reports to the Co-Executive Director of Program Administration/HR.
Applying for this position connotes an understanding and acceptance of duty in light of potential exposure relating to COVID-19 as you will be required to interface with multiple team members and program participants. Performing duties of this position will require you to often wear protective equipment as necessary (e.g. mask, gloves, etc.,) and follow company protective measures as enforced. Note: Measures may change based on level of safety concerns.
Van Go, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical/physical/mental condition, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical condition, age, marital status, or veteran status.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three professional references
- A sample workshop/lesson plan that demonstrates your skills in effectively delivering content and instruction to youth with diverse learning styles and abilities (PDF (.pdf) or Word format)
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. Inquiries about the position should be made via email only.
Job Type: Full Time