Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
PRN Skills Trainer
Reporting to the Employment Services Manager, the PRN Skills Trainer is responsible for evaluation, training, and providing support to clients through evaluation and training activities at both community-based employment sites and within Goodwill on an as needed a basis.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Trains clients as needed to meet work expectations on the job site
- Positive interventions when supporting individuals at the work site.
- Utilize coaching tools to increase motivation and productivity (role modeling, visual aids, prompting, etc.)
- Works one-on-one with clients to improve work skills and production skills to meet employer expectations
- Creates task analysis to use in teaching participants how to complete their daily job tasks.
- Observes, evaluates, documents each client's performance
- Enters documentation into client data base
- Maintains accurate records on each client
- Provides input for Individual Employment Plans (IEP) for clients
- Learn all aspects of the companies where clients are placed
- Orients the client to the employer's policies and procedures; helping them to assimilate into the work place
- Establishes and maintains a professional rapport with internal and external customers and clients throughout the community
- All other duties assigned by the Employment Services Manager
The PRN Skills Trainer will be a proven leader with the following:
- A minimum of 6 months experience in supervision, training, and / or working with persons with disabilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required, some college is preferred
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Excellent grammar, spelling, writing, and professional skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate strong organization and documentation skills
- Demonstrate the knowledge of effective conflict resolution skills
- Desire to work with and demonstrate a high sensitivity toward persons with barriers and disadvantages to employment
- General knowledge and ability to handle difficult conversations with tact and patience
- Experienced in delivering sound, honest, and professional advice on evaluation of clients
- Reliable transportation, a valid, current driver's license, insurance and pass a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR), to drive for company-related business
- Pass all background checks
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 120 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of donated items provide funds that stay local, supporting thousands of job-seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in this community. That’s why 90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders’ pockets.
Our agency is evolving. We’re looking for new leaders and team members who want more than just a job. With a $30 million operating budget and a lot of room to grow, now is the time to join the next generation of Goodwill.
Visit www.mokangoodwill.org to learn more about our agency.
Job Type: Part Time
Salary Range: Up to $29,999