Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Connections to Success | Training Facilitator
The Training Facilitator is focused on effective, efficient training and positive introduction to the organization. This individual plays an essential role in reaching program objectives for recruitment, participant engagement, transformation and employment rates. Delivers dynamic, experiential workforce readiness and personal development curriculum to a diverse population of men and women who are re-entering the workforce. The Training Facilitator is focused on effective, engaging training and invested in creating a powerful introduction to the organization and strong foundation for life transformation.
- Coordinates with the Life Transformation Coach (LTC) on all necessary components for seamless training to include but not limited to, participant assessments, class rosters, background screening and all necessary paperwork completed.
- Coordinate meals, classroom setup, administrative tasks, scheduling of guest speakers, participant transportation and more.
- Facilitates approved experiential, workforce development curriculum with enthusiasm for groups averaging from 5-15 but can be up to 25 participants over the course of several weeks to include, on some occasions inside correctional facilities.
- Facilitates parenting and healthy relationship curriculum in conjunction with personal and professional development; coordinates with other approved facilitators to provide men's and women's breakout sessions in alignment with curriculum.
- Completes all required reports and summaries on time and submits to Project Manager.
- Utilizes (where available) computer, projector, videos, and demonstrations to create an innovative learning environment meeting the unique needs of each group
- Works collaboratively with team to plan and lead an effective, dynamic training at various locations to include: CtS offices, Correctional institutions, and other locations outside of CtS offices.
- Participates in recruitment, orientation, training and smooth transition into coaching for all
- Provide engaging, family-friendly activities and ongoing educational offerings during Connect Groups.
- Facilitate the PPD Curriculum in a variety of settings as needed to include partner sites, schools, correctional institutions and more.
- Engage, participate, and contribute to assigned activities that further the goals of Connections to Success (CtS)
- Efficient and correct reporting of critical data for grant purposes in database and paper files in a timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of all participant information
- Coordinates transportation for participants to ensure daily attendance in PPD Training
- Ensure resumes are thorough and complete, consistent with CtS template for each participant
- Coordinate experiential learning activities off-site for participants (ie tours of trade schools, local businesses, etc)
- 3+ years experience training/facilitating in related field
- Knowledge of Workforce Development, poverty, re-entry, and learning strategies for diverse groups
- Commitment to participating in the mission of the organization
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude with a sense of humor that helps engage and inspire
- Preferred background in psychology or sociology
- Ability to work some nights and weekends
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
Reports to: Project Manager
Internal Relationships: All Staff, Volunteers, Mentors, Participants
External Relationships: Referring Agencies, Potential Participants, Potential Volunteers, Potential Mentors, Prospective Employers, Guest Speakers, Partner Organizations
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999