Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
District Executive - Professional Scouter - Heart of America Council, Boy Scouts of America
District Executive | Professional Scouter
Each District within the Heart of America Council is assigned a District Executive from the Council staff. This individual will work out of the local Council Service Center in Kansas City, MO and supports Scouting units that make up his or her district.
A Career in Scouting:
The Boy Scouts of America provides a program for young people that builds desirable qualities of character, trains in responsibilities of participating citizenship, and develops personal fitness. Scouting serves more than three million young men and women in every part of the country through some three hundred forty local council service centers. Professional Executives have the responsibility for working with volunteer committees and community leaders to identify, recruit, train, guide and inspire them to become involved in youth programs.
The District Executive is an entry-level position that has responsibilities that are broad and varied. Duties include promoting, supervising, and working through adult volunteers including parents and community leaders. Different aspects of the position include:
Sales: The executive is responsible through volunteers for extending District's career education program to schools, religious, civic, fraternal, educational, or other community based organizations.
Service: The professional staff provides quality service through timely communication, regular meetings, training events and activities.
Fundraising: Working with volunteers, professionals recruit leadership for the Friends of Scouting and fund raising campaign efforts to meet the financial needs of the council.
Administration: The District Executive administers the Scouting Program in the assigned District service area.
Public Relations: The District Executives must be a good role model and must recognize the importance of good working relationships with other professionals and with volunteers. Scouting depends on community support and acceptance. Professional leaders must have good communication skills and be able to tell Scouting's story to the public.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university required for the District Executive position.
* United States citizen or declared intention to become a citizen and eligible to be employed in the United States.
* Must enjoy working with people from all levels of society ranging from CEO's to parents of youth members.
* Must be a self starter with a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task.
* Dedication - interested in devoting oneself to others and belief in the Scout Oath and Law.
* Adherence to BSA Membership standards.
* Must have reliable personal transportation.
* Must be able to lift 20 lbs unassisted from the floor to car trunk.
* Must be able to work 50 - 55 hours per week, and occasional weekends. Some days could be from 9am - 8pm, with nights required to meet with volunteers.
- Starting salary $43,000
- Full Medical Benefits
- Matching 403(b)
Interested in being a professional scouter? Contact email@example.com
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999