Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Part time Afterschool Program Leader - Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri
Girl Scouts is the largest organization for girls in the world. Their mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Through activities in science and technology, business and economic literacy, and outdoor and environmental awareness, Girl Scouting provides girls with opportunities for fun and friendship, while fostering development of leadership skills and self-esteem.
Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri supports 23,000 girl members and 9,000 adult volunteers in its 47 county jurisdiction surrounding the Greater Kansas City, St. Joseph and Topeka areas.
The Girl Scout Outreach Program is hiring Afterschool Program Leaders (part-time) for the 2019-2020 school year. This role will have a direct impact for young girls in the Kansas City urban educational setting. The Afterschool leaders will serve as mentors, trusted resources and supporters for these developing children and therefore require responsible and passionate adults with high emotional intelligence, nurturing/caring leadership and critical thinking/problem solving skills as related to early intervention and honest communication.
TO APPLY: https://outsourcingcareers-omniemployment.icims.com/jobs/2688/part-time-afterschool-program-leader/job
Program Leaders will work as the extracurricular director for large groups of girls (grades K-5) each evening during the week, participating in Girl Scout curriculum in partnership with urban core afterschool programs. Program Leaders also facilitate and attend field trips during the school year and to summer camp the week after school lets out each year. This person will grow and build relationships with these girls as well as encourage interpersonal relationships between the varying ages, grades and learning stages/styles within the program environment.
Work hours vary depending on the site, but typically range from 3:45-6:00pm each day plus weekly planning time. Most Program Leaders work 12-15 hour per week, wiith some additional program coordination hours (data entry, field trip planning, volunteer coordination, etc.) available for those needing closer to 20 hours per week. The Outreach Program serves girls in Grandview, MO; Kansas City, KS; and Kansas City, MO.
Program leaders must have the ability to work independently and as a member of the team. They must take the initiative to prepare ahead of time for troop meetings as well as meet deadlines with minimal supervision. They must also be able to coordinate programming with their coworkers and volunteers, focusing on meaningful topics related to confidence, social skills and independent learning with the prerogative to support these girls as a dependable teacher/leader.
- Must be able to commit to staying with your troops for the entire school year.
- Experience leading groups of children.
- Experience implementing curriculum.
- Ability to manage behaviors and respond appropriately.
- Ability to complete accurate paperwork and meet deadlines.
- Must be available to work M-F between the hours of 3:45-6:00pm.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Must be able to attend all staff meetings and trainings.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must pass background and driver’s record check and hold a valid state driver’s license with proof of state required liability insurance.
- Must provide your own transportation.
- Must be CPR and First Aid Certified within ninety (90) days of employment.
- Experience implementing a program/curriculum.
- Experience working with volunteers.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job Type: Full Time,Part Time