Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Recruitment Manager - Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri
Girl Scouts offers the best leadership development experience for girls in the world with its mission to build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Through innovative activities in four program focus areas; STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math), Entrepreneurship, Outdoor Experiences and Civic Engagement, a Girl Scout has an exciting array of choices to suit her interests at every age. At Girl Scouts, “Can I?” quickly turns into “I will!” as girls transform their ideas into action, turn their questions into adventure, and grow their confidence through practice. And with more than 50 million other G.I.R.L.s to cheer them on every step of the way, there’s no limit to what she can accomplish. Learn more at www.gsksmo.org.
Girl Scouts of NE Kansas and NW Missouri supports 23,000 girl members and 9,000 adult volunteers in its 47-county jurisdiction surrounding the Greater Kansas City, St. Joseph and Topeka areas.
The Girl Scout Mission Delivery team is hiring a Recruitment Manager based in Kansas City, MO. This role will successfully communicate the mission of Girl Scouting in the local community to drive membership growth. Working as a representative of the organization, the Recruitment Manager will engage in field and on-site events and sourcing to increase girl and adult volunteer membership leads, with the goal to cultivate and convert to registered troop members.
Application link: https://outsourcingcareers-omniemployment.icims.com/jobs/2752/recruitment-manager/job
Reporting to the Senior Director of Membership & Engagement, this position will work to develop and execute effective recruiting strategies to increase girl and adult membership in both education, troop and volunteer sectors and programs. This includes securing and encouraging volunteer participation and community partnerships in order to achieve Council goals.
- Supports external recruitment efforts by interacting with potential members and parents at community, school and local events in a designated geographic area.
- Attends local community festivals, school events (open house, registration, etc.), as well as other networking opportunities to gather potential member information to increase membership within the organization.
- Plans and executes Girl Scout recruitment events to grow membership that are aligned with the council’s recruitment plan and guidelines.
- Works with Director of Membership to identify recruitment strategy based on time of year.
- Works year round to market Girl Scouting in assigned areas through local mediums and social media.
- Provides potential girl and adult members with a consistent and positive message about Girl Scouting and the available opportunities to participate in the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
- Acts as a brand ambassador for Girl Scouts within the community by using current and consistent brand language and messaging.
- Maintains adequate record keeping of leads gathered while attending local and community events.
- Shares status and progress of work with supervisor.
- Cultivates and builds collaborative relationships with community leaders and organizations to market Girl Scouting and develop delivery systems that address the needs of girls and the community.
- Optimizes use of technology to support customer service for volunteers.
- May perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field
- Two - four years of progressively responsible related experience
- Preferred proven success working to recruit, solicit and manage volunteer participation and engagement
- Ability to prioritize, organize and meet critical deadlines with minimal direction
- Any combination of education, training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job
- Valid Driver License with an acceptable driving record
- Bilingual – a plus, but not required
- Work hours are flexible including week days, evenings and weekends.
Recruitment Manager core competencies:
- Self-management and assurance - assesses own skills and abilities and identifies areas for improvement; willingly accepts constructive feedback; seeks developmental opportunities; sets and achieves goals; works independently. Demonstrated confidence to prepare for conversations and visits with potential members/customers by gathering key information and setting strong objectives to achieve successful outcome.
- Active Listening - ability to skillfully use a variety of questions and other active listening techniques to promote a robust discussion with members/customers and identify needs.
- Marketing Knowledge – has demonstrated knowledge of the basic principles of marketing (for example, market identification and segmentation, interpretation and use of market data). Demonstrates comfort in presenting the value behind solutions in a way that resonates with what is most important to the potential members/customers of the organization.
- Sales Ambition and Drive – understands the sales process and management of leads. Sets ambitious goals and energetically and confidently drives to achieve those goals. Recognizes opportunities to “close” and has demonstrated ability to ask for the business/customer transaction. A self-starter who can work independently with minimal oversight and take initiative.
- Oral and Written Communication abilities; expresses ideas and facts in a clear and understandable manner appropriate for the individual or group; listens to and comprehends what others are saying; prepares organized and structured presentations; has demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of sensitive and confidential issues and communicate effectively with a diverse group of girls, volunteers, and staff.
- Interpersonal Relations - establishes rapport with others at all organizational levels; respects others; considers and responds to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of others; establishes and maintains an open dialogue with others; has demonstrated ability to market the Girl Scout value proposition through a variety of communication venues including in person, phone, and online.
- Customer Responsiveness - seeks and acknowledges the views and ideas from customers (for example, internal and external); identifies, prioritizes, and balances customer issues; takes time to answer questions and explain decisions; follows through on commitments to customers in a timely manner; maintains a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Volunteer Relations - understands the functions of volunteers; demonstrates flexibility to meet with volunteers; effectively delegates responsibility; monitors use of volunteers within existing constraints and guidelines; recognizes volunteer accomplishments; works effectively with volunteers
- Technical computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, customer relationship management systems, and social networking
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job Type: Full Time