Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Troop Experience Manager- Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri
Girl Scouts is the largest organization for girls in the world. Their mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character, who make the world a better place. Through activities in science and technology, business and economic literacy, and outdoor and environmental awareness, Girl Scouting provides girls with opportunities for fun and friendship, while fostering development of leadership skills and self-esteem.
Girl Scouts of NE Kansas & NW Missouri supports 23,000 girl members and 9,000 adult volunteers in its 47 county jurisdiction surrounding the Greater Kansas City, St. Joseph and Topeka areas. This well-established organization is currently seeking a Troop Experience Manager to support the Kansas City Metro area. The specific territory for this role is Shawnee, Overland Park and Olathe, Kansas.
The Troop Experience Manager (TEM) is responsible for supporting and retaining adult volunteers and girl members in the Daisy to Junior levels. The TEM will provide mentorship, support, training, program and event delivery, and an expertise in the Girl Leadership Experience (GSLE) and badge and journey curricula. This visionary Manager will ensure the creation and execution of girl experiences that volunteers are motivated to participate in; that parents recognize as valuable; and that girls are engaged in and excited to experience.
- Acts as subject matter expert for Daisy through Junior level curricula; possesses comprehensive knowledge of badges, journeys and Bronze Award requirements.
- Manages all pathway components to ensure that the GSLE is accessible to all girls.
- Provides support, mentorship, and supervision to adult volunteers to ensure programs are delivered in alignment with the GSLE five (5) outcomes and three (3) processes.
- Works with entire Troop Experience team to provide exceptional New Troop Leader onboarding support. This includes mentorship, training, and program support, and by ensuring they have the tools to lead troop and parent meetings.
- Ensures communication with Daisy, Brownie and Junior troop leaders is consistent and designed to determine how the leader needs to be supported.
- Attends Service Unit meetings to provide trainings and information to leaders.
- Conceptualize and strategize with Troop Experience team to create innovative programs that achieve clear outcomes for girls, energize and strengthen girls’ connection with the brand and mission, and increase membership retention.
- Continually assess the needs of troop leaders and provide high-quality, comprehensive GSLE programming. Provide “Program on Demand” for Troop Leaders when required.
- Provide pre/post survey opportunities to program participants and evaluate results.
- Provide new Troop Leader training to Daisy leaders when needed, and provide other trainings when necessary. (i.e., Games, Songs, How to Run a Successful Meeting, etc.)
- Provide VTK training to troop leaders when required.
- Provide “Training on Demand” for Troop Leaders when required.
- Work with the entire Troop Experience team to provide retention building events throughout the Girl Scout year.
- Continually assess the wants and needs of Troop Leaders and girls to provide comprehensive GSLE focused events.
- Work to recruit volunteers to assist with region wide events.
- Manages volunteers who deliver badge and journey programs to troops.
- Manages volunteer trainers who deliver age level trainings and enrichments.
- Manages volunteers who assist with the delivery of region wide events.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Two to four years of progressively responsible related experience.
- Any combination of education, training and experience, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Valid Driver License with an acceptable driving record.
- Employment is dependent upon the results of a criminal background investigation.
- Bilingual – a plus, but not required.
To apply or share the position, click the corresponding link to the right of the posting.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.