Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Volunteer and Marketing Coordinator
Learning Club seeks a Volunteer and Marketing Coordinator who is passionate about serving children who live in high-poverty areas, organized, skilled with building relationships, an excellent interpersonal communicator, and creative in solving problems. The Volunteer Coordinator must be a detail-oriented self-starter who will work as part of a dynamic team to create a positive, pivotal education experience for Learning Club volunteers and students.
- Experience with volunteer coordination or similar experience required
- Experience with social media or basic graphic design preferred
- Ability to communicate well orally and in writing with volunteers, community members, groups of adults, students of various ages, and other stakeholders
- Ability to work two to three evenings a week to train volunteers, tutor, visit sites as needed, and recruit tutors through presentations and events
- Openness to working in settings where faith is occasionally discussed openly Duties include: Volunteer Management:
- Recruit volunteers using proactive methods including but not limited to: giving presentations to organizations and groups, attending community events, posting on volunteer engagement outlets, and other creative, efficient recruitment methods.
- Maintain a sufficient number of volunteer tutors at each site to allow for one-on-one tutoring on a regular basis.
- Be the first contact for new volunteers, making sure they feel welcome and appreciated and that they know the steps to becoming a volunteer.
- Coordinate the new tutor orientation and training process including onboarding, training new tutors at their first session, and other duties throughout a new tutor’s orientation process.
- Orchestrate two annual all-tutor training events: one in the fall and one in the spring to build community, refresh skills, provide resources, and adhere to our Child Protection Policy.
- Lead enforcement of Learning Club’s Child Protection Policy by training all new tutors and staff, periodically reminding staff of important information for volunteers, and conducting spot checks (at sites and regarding paperwork requirements).
- Keep accurate volunteer records and promptly secure required forms from each volunteer, including ensuring compliance with Learning Club’s Child Protection Policy.
- Collect and enter tutor information accurately and efficiently in Learning Club’s database.
- Improve and further develop Learning Club volunteer training methods.
- Train and support Lead Volunteers at each site with the support of the Site Director.
- Organize two yearly All Tutor Trainings in conjunction with Human Resources and/or the Director of Operations
- Provide periodic feedback to tutors, in person or via email or phone, expressing gratitude, encouragement, and offering input for becoming a better tutor.
- Communicate regularly and proactively with Learning Club site staff regarding all matters related to volunteers including but not limited to: sufficient numbers of tutors, tutor effectiveness, new tutors attending sessions, volunteer departures, paperwork needs, and upcoming training events.
- Lead efforts in volunteer appreciation, including acknowledgements, cards, gifts, and events on a regular basis. This includes managing volunteer feedback surveys and orchestrating follow up as needed with volunteers and staff.
- Maintain contact with community partners as it relates to volunteer recruitment.
- Support programming with writing, editing, and designing newsletters, donor appeals, fliers, and other promotional materials.
- Communicate with donors via thank you letters, emails, and other correspondence in collaboration with other staff.
- Post photos and updates to Learning Club’s social media accounts on a consistent basis.
- Organize, manage, and oversee appropriate usage of Learning Club photos.
- Perform occasional administrative and writing tasks, including simple grant writing (roughly 3 per year), reports, and community correspondence.
- Occasionally attend special events as needed.
- Periodically fill in for site staff as needed.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
- Occasionally attend workshops and webinars and seek out meetings with people in the community to help continue to build a better program for our students and volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Schedule: 35-40 hours per week. Including 2-3 evenings roughly until 5:15 per week when school is in session. Occasional weekend hours for tutor recruitment (roughly 3-5 times per year).
Location: Office at Blessed Sacrament site, 2203 Parallel Ave., Kansas City, KS. After-school programs are at different locations in the urban core of KCK.
Compensation: ~$22-26/hour, plus health and retirement benefits. Hourly rate negotiable.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999,$50,000 - 74,999