Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Volunteer Associate - AmeriCorps VISTA
This VISTA position is a part of Catholic Charities USA’s Family Strengthening Program, a national intermediary project. As a member, you will meet virtually with VISTA Leaders and other VISTAs serving throughout the country, all focused on alleviating poverty.
This Volunteer Associate VISTA assignment will service at Catholic Charities of Kansas City – St. Joseph (CCKCSJ) who provides services to 27 counties within northwest Missouri. Our offices are located in Kansas City, MO and St. Joseph, MO, with two food pantries – located in south Kansas City and Cameron. This position is 50/50 Hybrid, working remotely two days each week and two days in office, at 4001 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Suite 250, Kansas City, MO 64130. Our office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:00 am to 5:30 pm. Our offices are closed every Friday. This is a full-time position; 38 hours per week, serving during business hours for 12 months from initial start date.
CCKCSJ currently offers families over 30 programs to help them on their path to self-reliance. The Volunteer Associate VISTA will concentrate on all aspects of volunteer management with focus on recruitment, retention, records, and recognition of volunteers. Our agency’s Pantry/Food Distribution programs are rapidly growing and the VISTA will be an essential part of the success of this vital program and its sustainability. The other programs our agency offers will require volunteer(s) to ensure our service area benefits from all services offered in multiple communities. The VISTA will be vital to increasing awareness on not only our programs, but all the ways the community can get involved through donations and service. The VISTA will work with the Outreach & Engagement Department especially the Marketing and Parish Outreach efforts.
Member Essential Duties
- Strengthen the recruitment efforts of volunteers by providing engagement of potential volunteers and establishing connections with various community groups and the parish outreach efforts.
- Analyze the retention rate of the agency’s volunteers, develop satisfaction surveys and exit surveys that will provide insight.
- Improve and implement avenues for volunteer record keeping that will be useful to both staff and volunteers and will ensure an accurate report of volunteer time.
- Brainstorm with the Volunteer Manager effective means of recognition of volunteers throughout the year and help develop a meaningful Volunteer Appreciation Week experience.
- General office skills
- Writing, editing
- Community organization
- Must be 18 years or older
- Associate degree
- Languages: English fluent
- We are accepting applications for the position that will start October 23, 2023. Must be able to fulfill a 12-month assignment under the AmeriCorps VISTA grant.
AmeriCorps VISTA Program Benefits
- Relocation allowance
- Children assistance, if eligible
- Health insurance coverage*
- Education award upon successful completion of service
- Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend
- Living allowance
- *Note: For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare insurance benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare
- Car recommended
- Permits working at another job during off hours
- Permits attendance at school during off hours
- Community outreach
Job Type: Temporary
Salary Range: Up to $29,999