Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Administrative & Management
- Design, implement, manage and coordinate all aspects of Folly Theater’s Volunteer Program
- Develop, implement and evaluate internal volunteer policies and procedures, including volunteer job descriptions
- Maintain and develop database of volunteers using DonorPerfect software
- Create monthly informational newsletter (and volunteer schedule)
- Track hours for volunteers on weekly basis
- Set up strategic plan for recruiting and retaining new volunteers
- Create materials for Volunteer Recruitment, Volunteer Party Invitations and other materials as needed
- Order supplies as needed for volunteers (flashlights, etc.)
- Coordinate the cleaning of usher jackets as needed (twice/year)
- Maintain Usher Closet
- Attend weekly staff meetings as required
- Participate in monthly Volunteer Council meetings, which include all the volunteer Team Leaders.
- Schedule, prepare for and lead at least 4 volunteer orientations and training sessions with Volunteer Council
- Schedule one “Re-Training Session” per year for current volunteers who need to refresh their training
- Update Folly volunteer orientation materials, evacuation plans, etc.
- Serve as liaison between volunteers and staff
- Coordinate with Folly Staff on event needs for volunteers (ushers, concessions, office assistance)
- Schedule teams for events & concession workers
- Communicate regularly with volunteers and team leaders about needs, via email, phone calls, website, Facebook and monthly newsletter
- Update & create new Volunteer Calendar with volunteer needs for each performance
- Attend all events as needed in order to work with volunteers, including special events (Picnic, Golf, Folly Frolic, Volunteer Recognition)
- Schedule and coordinate volunteer recognition event with committee
- Organize the process of nominating and awarding volunteer honors
- Acquire prizes for volunteers
- Work with Volunteer Council on planning the annual Volunteer Council/Staff Holiday Party
- Maintain concession inventory and order product as needed for volunteer concession sales (cookies, coffee, water, sugar, creamer, cups, napkins, etc.)
- Develop Handbook for Concession Volunteers as per Health Dept regulations, etc.
- Assist with ticket sales, phones as needed
- Other tasks as required for position
- High energy, enthusiastic, positive and friendly demeanor required
- Must be extremely well-organized, detail-oriented and be able to manage multiple projects and events
- Good communication skills
- Experience working in the arts, cultural and non-profit communities helpful, but not required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Database Management
Job Type: Part Time