Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Volunteer Coordinator- Ronald McDonald House Charities
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to oversee and develop the Volunteer Program. The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City (RMHC-KC) is to reduce the burden of childhood illnesses on children and their families by providing a "home away from home" while the children are receiving medical care in Kansas City-area hospitals.
The Volunteer Coordinator will provide oversight and support of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City volunteer meal program to ensure that the charity is utilizing resources and community connections to fully support the mission. This is a part-time position with a flexible schedule, Monday-Friday; 11 AM-3 PM. Position reports to the Volunteer Manager.
- Provide coordination for all aspects of the volunteer program, including recruitment and scheduling of volunteer groups, notifying them of expectations and guidelines and communicating available Hallmark Crown garden produce for groups to use for meals.
- Be a liaison to the community and corporations that are interested in participating in the volunteer program to inform them of the various opportunities within volunteerism.
- Facilitate note-taking at quarterly Volunteerism Committee meetings.
- Maintain scheduling and calendar databases for the volunteer program.
- Ensure appropriate and adequate tracking and reporting of group volunteer information,contacts and action items, including monthly reports to supervisor.
- Deliver a thanking culture to volunteers to ensure groups are properly acknowledged and engaged in the mission.
- Assist with scheduling Core Volunteers to help deliver the mission of RMHC-KC to families.
- Provide ongoing support with managing a variety of online scheduling systems.
- Assist with ongoing volunteer program initiatives and projects
- Other assignments as required.
- Knowledge and similar work experience in the field is preferred.
- Passion for the mission of RMHC-KC.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a strong desire to work with people.
- Must exhibit good organization and planning and be able to provide direction and support.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, good decision-making ability, creativity and dependability.
- Proven time management, prioritization and organizational skills to handle a high volume of volunteer inquiries and requests.
- Ability to work independently and initiate solutions to problems.
- Ability to learn new and progressive online systems and scheduling tools quickly.
- Ability to assist with data entry; attention detail oriented.
- Competency in a variety of computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc., as well as an ability to quickly learn and operate agency volunteer databases application.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.