Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Volunteer Engagement Center Manager - Kansas City
JOB SUMMARY: Ensures that the daily operations of the Volunteer Engagement Center meet Harvesters’ established productivity levels and quality standards, while providing a safe and rewarding volunteer experience for all individuals and groups who participate.
• Partner with Operations managers to assess productivity and stocking levels. Assure established sorting and repackaging quality standards are being maintained to achieve agency and client satisfaction with product received from Harvesters.
• Partner with the Volunteer Engagement Manager to assure that the numbers and types of volunteers scheduled will successfully meet VEC productivity and quality goals, while balancing the need to engage those targeted volunteer groups to increase community involvement and support of Harvesters mission.
• Create and sustain a fun, engaging and productive volunteer experience. Seek feedback to consistently provide an outstanding level of volunteer satisfaction. Maintain a high level of customer service with volunteers and other visitors by assuring that volunteer projects are well planned and organized in advance; volunteer groups are welcomed and received promptly to start their activities; that volunteers have necessary supplies, training and instructions to perform required jobs
• Collaborate with the Volunteer Engagement Manager on need for additional volunteer support, when necessary, on specific or ongoing projects, additional staff support when large groups are scheduled, and for scheduling volunteer orientations and/or tours, as appropriate, to meet the needs of the organization and of the volunteer group(s). Coordinate issues such as staff illness, vacation, absence due to meetings, etc., that would necessitate discussion concerning adequate staffing for volunteer supervision.
• Lead team effectively including scheduling daily work assignments, cross-training employees and developing staff. Supervises all staff and volunteers who work in the VEC. Plans performance objectives for staff, staff development and conducts staff performance reviews.
• Inspect the VEC area daily for safety and sanitation compliance. Resolve all safety issues immediately.
• Produce accurate and timely administrative reports such as inventory management and volunteer information (including but not limited to volunteer hour and production statistics, schedule analysis,). Identify deficiencies in reports and design/re-design/correct as needed.
• Manage the VEC budget.
• Perform other duties as required.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
• Routine schedule for this position is Monday through Friday; with a Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursday schedule of noon to 8PM. Additionally there will be need to cover some Saturdays and Sundays.
• Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with coworkers, managers, volunteers and other visitors or clients
• Have a commitment to the mission of Harvesters.
• This position functions in a warehouse environment. Majority of time spent supervising staff and volunteers. Position requires the use of general office equipment, such as computers, copiers and fax machines. It requires heavy lifting (5 to 30 pounds) 20% of the time. Incumbent will spend 25% of the time stationary working at a computer terminal. Incumbent will spend 10% of the time operating equipment, such as a forklift, pallet jack or other machinery.
• This position requires an understanding of all Harvesters food safety policies and compliance with all food safety related procedures.
• Experience: Experience in supervising diverse groups of people is required. Customer service background is required. Inventory and materials handling/warehouse experience preferred. Volunteer experience a plus.
• Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Computer skills are essential. Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access are preferred.
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience