Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Volunteer Engagement Coordinator
Apply online at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/638187/Catholic-Charities-of-Northeast-Kansas-INC/Coordinator-Volunteer-Engagement
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by providing coordination and implementation of an effective volunteer program. Assist Catholic Charities staff in matters pertaining to the effective recruitment, orientation, onboarding, training and utilization of volunteers serving at Catholic Charities. EEO.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with staff to coordinate volunteer opportunities and monitor volunteer involvement and engagement.
- Assist in the volunteer recruitment and placement process by conducting interviews and onboarding volunteers.
- Ensure volunteer policies, practices and standards are updated annually and communicated to volunteers. Ensure compliance with all relevant employment laws pertaining to volunteer staff.
- Assist in the maintenance of volunteer data by entering and extracting data in Volgistics, MS Excel, Raiser’s Edge, and other databases.
- Consult with program leaders in identifying job duties, projects or tasks they perform today which could be better performed by a volunteer, which frees them up to work on projects they are unable to get to.
- Communication with volunteers (Agency newsletter, website, agency updates, closings and additional volunteer needs)
- Work with staff to respond to requests to attend school/community events to strengthen our presence in the community.
- Provide assistance at volunteer events that may occur outside regular business hours.
- Lead group serve opportunities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy.
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- Must possess a valid Kansas or Missouri Driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
- Flexibility with schedule to work some evenings and weekends
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years of volunteer coordination experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and respect people from a variety of social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to work in a team setting, including Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas volunteers, colleagues, contractors, and funding sources.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Competency with Excel, Google Sheets and PowerPoint is strongly preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
Job Type: Full Time