Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Volunteer Programs Coordinator- Financial Literacy and VITA
POSITION SUMMARY:Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by providing program oversight and implementation of Volunteer Individual Tax Assistance (VITA) and financial literacy programs within the Asset Development department. EEO.
- Support and facilitate the day to day operations all daily operations of assigned programming
- Ensure that all administrative processes related to record-keeping, client files, funding and other administrative issues are done to the highest standards
- Recruit and manage volunteers; ensure they are trained and certified to provide effective, efficient, high quality service to clients
- Responsible for assigned program budgets, reviewing monthly detailed expense and income reports and working closely with Senior Director Mission Support to adhere to yearly budgets and grant financial guidelines.
- Monitor and report outcomes and outputs of assigned programming. Ensure that programs are in compliance with funding regulations, program goals, and stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are being followed for all aspects of Asset Development assigned programming.
- Completion of all ongoing program required certifications and/or mandated trainings.
- Develop and implement regular program outreach and program promotion.
- Work one-on-one with current and future program participants, facilitating engagement based on program requirements.
- Interface with community groups and partners, developing MOU’s as necessary.
- Work with all Family Support Center staff to ensure successful implementation of programming at each assigned site.
- Work with Senior Director Mission Support to integrate and expand programming as needs are identified
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in accounting, social services, or related field
- Minimum of two to three years' experience in economic development, financial literacy, tax preparation, or program coordination
- Must be able to pass the IRS tax preparer exam at the advanced level.
- Ability to work effectively in an environment that is very diverse. Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and respect people from a variety of social, economic and ethnic backgrounds
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work and adapt to changes in a growing department
- Strong communication and listening skills; capacity to function in a fast-paced, growing organization is vital.
- Computer skills required; Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Teams, and Word, database, and tax preparation software
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, dependable transportation, current vehicle insurance and a verified safe driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: (Use and/or modify the examples below to articulate the specific requirements for the position)
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving
- Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds
- Must have the physical ability to complete assignments in a variety of environments: homes of those we serve, extreme heat, humidity, dust, smoke, pet contamination, cleaning supplies, etc.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure for driving
Job Type: Full Time