A marketplace just for nonprofits.
The Nonprofit Marketplace connects nonprofits with resources and opportunities in the community. Organizations, businesses and individuals can post an offer free of charge, but the information needs to be for an opportunity or resource specifically benefiting nonprofit organizations.
Potential offers include: spaces or items for rent, free or discounted materials or equipment, funding or fundraising opportunities, calls for nominations for awards or contests, and survey participation.
Request For Proposals: For Comprehensive Homelessness Programs For Nonprofit Organizations And/Or Nonprofit Collaboratives (Kansas City, MO & Kansas City, KS)
1) Questions will be accepted via email to: Diana.firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) This funding is subject to and contingent upon the receipt of an approved RFP and Application, adhering to all process requirements and Board approval.
The William G. McGowan Charitable Fund, a family philanthropic organization, works to solve problems, especially those associated with generational poverty in McGowan geographic regions of support. Our approach involves nonprofits, both single organizations and collaboratives, working to move families who are experiencing homelessness or living in extreme poverty to self-sufficiency. Therefore, the Fund is announcing a concerted effort to award grants toward this goal and invites organizations to apply, either independently or with other service providers.
The William G. McGowan Charitable Fund has worked since 1993 to support and uplift families living in poverty.
We provide grants in the follow areas:
- Education—through grade 12 graduation
- Human Services—in homelessness prevention and remediation
- Healthcare & Medical Research—improved access to healthcare for those with no or little insurance
In our 23 years, we have learned that working to lift people and families from generational poverty is complex and challenging. During that time, we have awarded over $200 million in grants; we know that robust organizations can develop effective programs that lead to self-sufficiency and a life in which families can—and do—flourish.
The Fund is launching a competitive campaign to identify similarly robust and thoughtful organizations who have the ability and attitude to engage in a program for one to two years. This should include a set of processes (including essays and interviews) to determine eligibility. We believe engaging in a life-changing program requires a “winning” mindset, an understanding that increasing self-confidence, resilience, and “agency” is critical to long-term success. We also believe that establishing expectations for participation is very important.
For collaborative efforts, two or more nonprofits may submit one proposal with a full explanation of all services and activities provided. The McGowan Fund uses a logic model in the application process and asks that every facet of a program be addressed in terms of activities, outcomes, and benchmarks.
Services to be Funded:
We expect programs to address a continuum of care including the following:
- Stabilized housing and food
- Development of a robust and competitive eligibility criteria
- Development of a comprehensive weekly plan
- An attendance requirement
- A robust daily schedule design
- Case management using evidence-based behavioral change science, and coaching and mentoring for life and financial skills
- Strong focus on strengthening resiliency and self-confidence
- Workforce development for living wage and sustainable jobs
- Job placement
- Continued support and tracking for one to two years
- Metrics and data collection
- Modes of celebration and recognition
For the purpose of this initiative, the McGowan Fund will make available up to $1 million over the next two years and reassess thereafter.
- Applicants must be nonprofit organizations duly registered to conduct business within the states of Kansas and Missouri.
- Applicants must be in good standing with all state and federal agencies.
- Applicants must demonstrate a proven track record of long-term success for participants.
- Applicants must be fiscally viable.
- Where required, all applicants and/or their employees must hold current state licenses.
|Open||Next deadline is March 15 for July funding cycle|
|May 1, 2021||Next application deadline|
|July 2021||First round of funding approved|
|FOR INFORMATION ABOUT FUNDING CYCLES AND THE|
|ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESSES, PLEASE VISIT THE|
|WEBSITE AT https://www.williamgmcgowanfund.org/grant-|
Proposal Review Process:
The McGowan Fund will convene a Proposal Evaluation Committee. The Committee will review each application in accordance with the established criteria outlined in this document. All reviewers will complete a conflict-of-interest form, and those who have conflicts, or the appearance of a conflict, will be disqualified from participation in the review process. Once the application has passed committee review, the proposal will be presented to the McGowan Board of Directors for approval.
The McGowan Fund reserves the right to request that applicants virtually present their proposals as part of the application process.
Post Award Requirements:
Successful applicants will be required to comply with the terms and conditions of the McGowan Fund, including a midyear interim presentation and a one-year report and presentation.
All proposals must be submitted to the online portal. For more information, please see the website at https://www.williamgmcgowanfund.org/grant-applicants/application/. For additional space, supplemental attachments may be included.
Information posted has been provided by the named organization. Nonprofit Connect neither verifies nor endorses any organization or information posted, and we do not assume liability for services offered or obtained as a result of any posting. Nonprofit Connect reserves the right to remove any posting.
The following offers are not allowed and will be removed.
Events or programs: Please post events or programs on our free Community Events Calendar.
Discounted services or products offered by for-profit businesses: Please browse our Members-Only Offers.
Job, Intern, Volunteer or Board Opportunities: Please visit our Career Center to publish these types of opportunities.