GrantmakingBoard of DirectorsNonprofit Member
United WE (United Women’s Empowerment) is a non-partisan, nonprofit organization whose mission is to advance all women’s economic and civic leadership. Since 1991, United WE has overcome systemic barriers to women’s economic development and civic leadership by investing in research, advocacy and policy solutions. We have conducted 22 meaningful research studies, advocated for issues resulting in 52 policy actions and supported more than 185 civic appointments. Our work positively impacts hundreds of thousands of women and families by commissioning transformative research, scaling our fast-growing Appointments Project®, advocating for reforms that honor the legacies of women, and contributing to policy solutions that advance equal pay, paid family leave, affordable childcare and occupational licensing, and aid in fighting against sexual harassment.
- Research: We invest in research to create real change for women. united-we.org/research
- Advocacy: We use our research to advocate for local, county, state and corporate policy changes.
- Policy Change: Sustainable change start when policies are created to support women. View policy wins: united-we.org
- Appointments Project®: Our national movement to increase gender parity on boards and commissions. united-we.org
- Become a Gender Equity Ambassador: united-we.org/united-we-ambassadors