Executive Director Institute (EDI) is designed exclusively for executive directors. The curriculum aims to expand participants' skill base in these key areas of nonprofit leadership:
- Nonprofit Trends
- Leadership Challenges and Opportunities
- Board Management
- Strategic Planning
- Resource & Fund Development
- Marketing/Communications & Media Relations
- Organization & Productivity
- Stress Reduction & Work/Life Balance
Topic experts, business leaders and seasoned executive directors bring hands-on, real world experience to each session. In addition to delivering the training and information you need to perform better, EDI enables you to build relationships, share information, and gain support from your nonprofit executive peers. To read more about EDI curriculum, takeaways and guidelines, please click here
In 2023, Nonprofit Connect will host both a virtual cohort and an in-person cohort of Executive Director Institute. You may indicate your preference and availability on your application form. Approximately 35 executive directors will be selected to participate in 2023.
Virtual Dates and Times:
The virtual EDI will meet bi-monthly on Tuesdays from 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM via Zoom on the following dates:
- Jan 10 and Jan 24
- Feb 7 and Feb 21
- Mar 7 and Mar 28
- Apr 11 and Apr 25
- May 9 and May 23
- June 6 and June 20
In-Person Dates and Times:
The in-person EDI will meet once monthly on Thursdays from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM at Nonprofit Connect's Office
. The in-person session will take place on the following dates:
- Jan 26
- Feb 23
- Mar 30
- Apr 27
- May 25
- June 22
- Participating organizations must must have tax exempt status and be Nonprofit Connect members. (Not a member? Learn more.)
- The Executive Director role must be a paid position.
- Participants commit to attending all twelve sessions for the virtual cohort or all 6 sessions of the in person cohort .
- If accepted, tuition must be paid in full by January 6 to reserve a seat in the class.
Selection for participation in EDI is by application only. Click here to apply for the 2023 Executive Director Institute.
The application deadline is Friday, December 2.